Faders are indeed a very large doormat

by moshe 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Moshe, I could come up with a few black-and-white pejorative terms to describe your approach. I won't.

If you think it's a good idea to paint large swaths of fellow JWN posters with the loaded word "doormat", well it's an open discussion forum and you're entitled to state your opinion. Did you use that term to ignite controversy and get a lot of replies? Seriously, why be so insulting?

Do you take this kind of approach in your personal relationships?

om

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Moshe..

I understand what sort of fader your talking about..

After reading all the posts I have come to a conclusion..

Faders who are still at the Kingdom Hall are providing a bigger benfit..Than many realize..

Faders who still go to the Kingdom hall..

Don`t take postions in the congregation and turn in fake FS hours..

Dont have the WBT$ Team Spirit..

Any team that has members that don`t contribute,drag that team down..

Lack of team spirit is like a disease..It can and will affect the whole team..

Soon there is a "Whats the Frigg`n Point" attitude,among everyone on the team..

We already know there is a lack of enthusiasim,in Kingdom Halls everywhere..

Faders still at the Kingdom Hall,Re-enforce that..

The WBT$ Team is doomed to failure..

Martha Stewart thinks "Thats a Good Thing!"..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Obsessing over tearing down the Watchtower is allowing them to still control your life. Besides, by working against them, you're just fulfilling prophecy in their mind. Apathy is what made me feel marginalized. Strong opposition made me feel that we were at the center of a large "universal issue".

"Living well is the best revenge" -George Herbert

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Moshe: Sorry, but you're a jackass.

• moshe
    moshe

Just try and find a politician who doesn't weight every response,so I guess in a way, they are all doormats to the voters because they hardly ever make a stand on principle- if it could cost them their job at the next election. They wait for the majority concensus to weight in, ie, the polls, then they draft a policy to fit. We have many serious problems in the world and JWism is 1/1000, so who cares if the families of ex-members are split- they got what they deserved for being in a cult-religion.

We had a meeting at work- I have been there 2 months and I know what the main gripes are- did anyone open up and tell the bosses what was wrong in the shop? Nope- they were hoping some other mouse would put the bell on the cat. I have another job to go to in a few weeks so, I could care less. Will the problems in that shop be fixed if everyone is a doormat? I doubt it. The good mechanics will just leave as soon as they can find a new job, leaving the not-so-good behind.

Zoiks- you have said what I think too. Maybe we will coin another term for those faders who are out and independent from the KH and those who are stuck inside- pretending- in order to keep a family together. Blondie is not a doormat, I can agree on that. I can see the difference now-

A - lawn service salesman comes to my door and I used to do business with him. I have three choices- a-don't answer the door,b- answer the door and be cordial and pretend I might be interested-later- but not right now, c-answer the door and tell him I don't want his service and to never come back.

Faders end up with those three choices when the elders come to the door. The choice they make depends on whether they want the elders to keep coming back.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my eventual disengagement from the b0rg
    was in the "fade" format but i wasnt formally
    engaged in separation; it just turned out that way....
    once you removed from the dynamic, things you once
    fully accepted without question become questionable....
    at least that is how it happened for me

to my knowledge i have not been DA/DF'd
    but i suspect it might be the case since i
    have chosen to be a reasonably high profile
    advocate/activist in human rights issues as
    they concern the LGBTQ community... name
    in the paper and on radio PSAs as a contact
    for PFLAG events... this is rural america so
    there is one county with a daily paper and ours has
    a weekly, and there are c0ngregants in both counties

the surprise ANYONE will have thinking i am a doormat
    is that the inscription doesnt readwelcome....it reads: you are welcome to try

• Gregor
    Gregor

My family has been in the Truthâ„¢ for a Century.

I'm not going to give them all the finger just because I don't agree with the Society anymore.

Why? They would give you the finger in a heartbeat.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Why? They would give you the finger in a heartbeat.

I don't think my dead grandparents would but I guess I'll never know will I Gregor?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Go to the meeting, order loads of literature, don't contribute, put it in(recycling) bin. Rinse and Repeat. Imagine if 33% of congregation members did this regularly.

• besty
    besty

CL - once you realize that 'Jehovah's Witnesses' are a front (possibly loss-leading) for a property and investment corporation then a lot of things make sense....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit