Would You Like WatchTower Better if They Open a Soup Kitchen or Charity Thrift Store?

by cameo-d 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth Seeker!!
    Truth Seeker!!

Love the comments above - but where would they donate that charity money too? Maybe for a new machine at The Bethel to re-fluff their pillows?? Cant imagine them ever giving money to any charitable cause-that would be really pagan. Anyway they may receive demon possessed clothes or furniture? Now that would be scary!!

• yknot
    yknot

Lack of charity is just a symptom of bigger problems.

Would I like them better.... not the Org but I do think it would make individual JWs better persons.

Funny you posted this..... because I had some fingers wagging at me recently over a 'get-together' of homeschooled JWs in which each child brought one can of food to be donated to a local non-religious food pantry. The kids had a blast touring the small pantry and learning whom and how they help persons in our community. They were all so proud of themselves until a spot in the 'local needs' discouraged such event in 'groups' (individually it is okay).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Do you really think that a food bank would reconcile all of the sins of that organization?

I think it would be another way to tell the members to give more. They would receive XXXX dollars for the soup kitchen from the die-hards and only spend XXX dollars, clearing XOOO beyond for the pedofile defense fund.

Would you be more inclined to accept WT teachings if only they would do something to help "needy people"?

Once a false prophet, always a false prophet. I know you just ask this to provoke response. You been getting lessons from Minimus????

I may bump up my Hurricane story just for you. Briefly, many good JW individuals gave their time, money, and energy after disasters. WTS learned to make a profit on it.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yes I would like them better.

Would it change the fact they're a mind control cult? No.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let me change my answer. If my current feelings for them could be compared to thinking about a sewer worker in hip wader boots stepping on a dead rat, and Watchtower would be like a drowned flea on the fur of the dead rat, then I suppose I would "like" them better. If they opened a soup kitchen, I could think of them as a live flea smelling the deep sewage on a dead rat under the sewer worker's boot.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If they undertook real charity work and put the contributions for worldwide to good use for the whole community, yes I would be pleased and they would go up in my estimation.

BUT, they would still be teaching their followers a pack of lies and trying to control the lives of millions of people, so my support for them would still not be forthcoming.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`d like to see Tim/Tuesday in a WBT$ promoted "Tables and Chairs Wrestling match"..

It would be the first entertainment,any WBT$ Assemby has ever seen..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

No, I would not like them better. I have no trust of the organization for what it has done. How do you trust again once trust has been broken? I would be very suspicious as to their motives.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

OTWO: "I know you just ask this to provoke response. You been getting lessons from Minimus????"

I am not asking "just to provoke response." I have seen thread after thread complaining about the lack of charity work from WT and it disturbs me. Why? Because it sounds like, in spite of all the harm WT has caused families, if they did some charity projects that would make them acceptable.

All charities are a front for fundraising! They use "the needy" as their poster children. They make tons of money off of not only cash donations, but material goods which they resell and "the needy" get a few token crumbs-- a bowl of soup-- for show. They especially drag out the tattered people and film their holiday giveaways. Anything "extra" they do for "the needy" is publicized with plenty of media coverage. It is all for show. And people are still bamboozled and buy into the belief that these charities are altruistic.

Jesus said "let your good be done in secret" but these people make a big production of it and it brings in money. It is just another scam---just like WT real estate scams--- "we don't pass the plate, just leave us your estate".

Take for example---a hypothetical company that goes into third world countries promising beautiful crops from their genetically modified seed and convincing farmers to hock their properties to grow it. When the crop fails (due to lack of disclosure that farmers would need thousands more in proper irrigation systems and the companies special fertilizers) the companies legally take the farmers lands. Say this hypothetical company also does genetic experiments on mixing animal genes for more productive meat crops---creating animals that are part cow /part pig or some such absurdity. Say this hypothetical company buys up all the mom and pop seed companies so that pretty soon all that is left for sale is hybrid genetically modified seed.

But this same hypothetical company awards scholarships to bright students! Wow, that's nice. They really care for our children's future. And this company encourages its employees to sponsor marathons to "help stamp out cancer". The employees pull in all the funds but it is given under company name. Wow! How nice. This company is doing something to help humanity through cancer research.

So do the "charitable things" make such a company more acceptable? Are the charitable things done from a selfish agenda and twisted to appear altruistic?

It just seems to me that anyone who would find WT more a palatable organization for doing some charity work does not have a clear conception of the scam of charity appeal. I will say again---charity is big business for the organizers. Doing something for show in order to cover over ones evil doing is no more than what a cat does when he covers up his poop.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't understand these questions sometimes. (not just you, Cameo)

Of course I wouldn't because they're a CULT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit