Progress Report ...

by cantleave 21 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Shamus, I do feel guilt for bringing my kids up for 9 years in the cult. I especially feel guilty for disciplining them during meetings and trying to turn them into mini adults. If I turn the clock back I would.

But you can't.

Look ahead and don't look back at those mistakes. It's important to be as happy as you can be.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. It does take getting used to for children to realize that now they can do what was once forbidden. They will now be allowed to salute the flag, participate in the National Anthem and pep rallies, take after-school sports and music events if they feel like, and celebrate holidays and birthdays. They will also be allowed to tell the truth about what it really was like when they were supposed to be witlesses. And, they will be allowed to think about heading to college. And no more field circus during their school recesses.

But, while it takes adjustment to get used to this, it is far less severe than the reverse. Children that used to be able to do these things have more explaining to do when they are no longer allowed to. I would rather explain that I can now do things that used to be "naughty" because of religious changes than to explain that I can no longer do things because of a new religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit