Progress Report ...

by cantleave 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Our daughter has been a part in the School Easter Play.

She will be celbrating her 1st 10th Birthday on the 22nd.

She is adjusting so well to life without WTS restrictions. Unlesss you have been a witness you won't understand how important these steps are.

I am delighted, so glad we are no longer indoctrinating our kids with the cult philosophy.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hey Cantleave, let me ask you, does your daughter, or kids, ever question why they're celebrating holidays now? What's their general attitude since your family got away from the WTS? Was it a smooth transition in regards to holidays, social events, etc?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Our daughter did struggle with thisn at chrismas, she didn't want to go to the school party. We eventually persuaded her to go, she was somewhat underwhelmed. She is a bright girl and understands what we are doing.

Our little boy is adapting very quickly, although he did tell his teacher the other day that we were being naughty because we will be celebrating his sister's Birthday.

We have explained to the class changes what we are doing, and also some of our neighbours.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good for you, cantleave.

I am in the midst of trying to prevent as much as possible from having my daughter indoctrinated in the cult philosophy.

You're coming out while my wife is going in.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Gary I have been following your threads closely. I really feel for you. I hope that your wife's time with the cult is shortlived and no damage happens to your kids.

• besty
    besty

CL - is there any risk of your kids dropping a clanger with any of their former JW buddies they may bump into?

• leavingwt
  • zoiks
    zoiks

Good news, Cantleave! Nice to hear of progress being made.

• blondie
    blondie

I will say this to those who are "out" but with jw mates, be patient, it takes time for it to sink in. I had one foray into inactivity and came back...the second time took. It took time for me to grasp it all and be motivated to finally leave.

Blondie

• shamus100
    shamus100

I hope that you don't have the 'nagging guilt syndrome' that plagues some. It takes time to get all that shit out of your brain.

Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit