JWN only for ex-JWs?!

by Caedes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Yizman,
    From what I remember, you have never been a JW.
    So, then, why don't you just LEAVE.
    Judge Dread

Since when is this site only for ex-JWs? As far as I remember Simon has always said everyone is welcome. Have I missed something? After all I have never been a JW I was just raised by JWs. So what are these new rules? are we excluding everyone who didn't get baptised or is the line elsewhere?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Everybody is welcome here, even the pissy posters.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Let him be, if he wants to go then let him go! God damned it :-) (is that how you spell it?)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bleach!

Bunch of drama queens.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Shamus, you are back again. So glad you came back. I like how you pretended you were leaving and hoped that we would beg you to stay. When we didn't beg you to stay, you acted like we did beg anyway. I like how you kept right on posting about how you would just take a break and felt you had no choice but to leave (or just take a cool-off break) because of how you were being treated by others- others who are actually ex-jw's.

Oh, that wasn't you? Must have been someone else. All are welcome, but when one gets mad at the ex-jw's, they should expect to be reminded that their primary purpose here is different from the ex-jw's purposes here.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I'm unclear what an individual posters decision to leave JWN (or not as the case may be!) has to do with other posters claiming this site is only for ex-JWs.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Caedes, the 'threatening to leave but never leaving thing' is a case example based on the person mentioned in your initial post.

JWs, non-JWs, ex-JWs, it doesn't matter. What can get one ostracized quickly here seems to be (and I've only been here a few months so someone will correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Soliciting money

2. Spamming your book or website in a tacky way (which is a subset of point 1.)

3. Proudly and unrepentantly admitting (or showing video of) a cruel act against another person

And that seems to be pretty much it. This is a fairly tolerant group. Yeah, there are those who are judgmental, which probably made them great Dubs, but for the most part you should feel welcome unless you commit one of the three 'sins' listed above.

• awildflower
    awildflower

God damned it :-) (is that how you spell it?) This cracks me up. Yes cyber, that's how you spell it!!

• wobble
    wobble

I think one, maybe at most two, posters felt this site was for XJW's only.

Where they got that idea from god alone knows, I bet they couldn't tell you what they were supposed to believe when they were JW's either, if that is the level of their perception.

This board was started by Simon almost a decade ago as somewhere for JW's to talk.Even then it wasn't exclusive. if you read the original posts within the first ten pages the suggestion that JW's are a cult begins to be debated, along with the child abuse problem etc.

From this point on it wasn't long before many posters (Simon included) became "X" and many xjw's were attracted to the site.

But the ethos has always been that all are welcome, as long as they stick to the liberal rules, which are only in place to keep it a pleasant place to debate and share.

We welcome JW Apologists particularly, they are such fun ! But all are welcome.

Love

Wobble

• Caedes
    Caedes

Mad Sweeny,

I have no idea if Yizman has done any of the things you mentioned, but it has no relevence to another poster deciding who s/he thinks is welcome here.

The topic is judge dread's comments, if I wanted to talk about another poster's decision to leave then I would be on the other thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit