JWN only for ex-JWs?!

by Caedes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes

Wobble,

Couldn't agree more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Just another Drama Queen looking for sympathy and $$$$$$$. While he may have geniune issues and problems, I have no way to confirm them, so I'm not forking out one cent to him.

Let it go already. If people were smart, NO ONE would have replied to his post above, and he would have gotten the message and left. Why does he keep responding to his "farewell post" if not for the fact that he wants attention?

Waaaaaah!!! Waaaaaaah! - Just like an infant.

- Wing Commander

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't think the issue was ever that non-jws aren't welcome here. The issues were solicitation of money, and certain comments made by a couple of non-jws that seemed to stereotype all ex-jws. A few posters were put off by this.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

He didn't really want to leave..

I think he was just upset and that was the only way he could express it.

I think all should be welcome, but have wondered what would make someone that wasn't a JW want to come here..

This board does have a lot of general discussions so I could see their interest once they did come here.

Yizuman.... or anyone else on here that may be deaf/hearing impaired..I saw a article about drive thru fast food places and how they are wanting them to be more accessible to deaf people..

I have a question regarding that, how do you handle a drive thru now, do you just go in if you want fast food?

To tell you the truth they aren't that great for us hearing folks either sometimes...

Snoozy...

• noni1974
    noni1974

Snoozy when I was a teenager I worked in fastfood. They had picture menues available for deaf people who could not speak. The ones who can speak and/or read lips, they told us to look them in the eye when we speak so they can clearly understand us. This is something I've used my whole life when I run into deaf people. I don't know sign language so it really does help me comunicate with them. I also carry a pen and paper everywhere I go just in case.

When I was a cab driver I had many deaf people. One I used to get all the time so I knew where he lived. He could speak a little and read lips. I would just turn around and look directly at him when I spoke and he understood me just fine. The major problem with that guy was when he was drunk which happened a lot. He couldn't read lips as well then so I would have to repeat myself a lot. He would sometimes get upset when he thought I didn't understand him.

As far as this subject is concerned who cares if someone was or is a JW. We should accept anyone who comes here. JW connection or not. Being a Ex jw/ JW doesn't make us special. You never know who might give you an insight to something you didn't have before.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I don't want to leave, but I don't want ppl riding my ass over one stupid mistake I made 7 years ago. When I posted about my wife's SSD getting cut off, I was VENTING about it. I was stressed out and my wife was crying and we were scared we would lose our home. Now it's been resolved when I went to the SSA Office this past Tuesday.

Now can I just participate among other things w/o being harrassed about a mistake I made 7 years ago? Can I also participate in JW related discussions and learn from them please?

Yiz

• Caedes
    Caedes

Yizman,

This thread was meant to be about judge dread's comment which I thought was out of line, I didn't want to rehash the other thread.

• undercover
    undercover

Yiz,

Yes, you can participate. The board is open to everyone...

But here's something to think about... The board was designed to be about life around JWs and life escaped from the JWs, though not exclusive to just those subjects.

I personally see this place as a support group in all things JW. I do not see this place as a support group for my other problems, of which I do have. I, for the most part, do not share my other problems on-line.

Now some people are more open than others and are willing to share personal info/issues/problems that don't revolve around the JW religion. Others are more private and guarded of their private life. While I don't fault others for being more open, I have seen that those who are more guarded and keep certain things private don't usually have a lot of on-line drama. Since life itself is dramatic enough, why create drama on a message board? It only adds stress to an already stressful life.

That's my two cents on the subject anyway, for what it's worth...

• JWoods
    JWoods

+++ undercover.

The main topic of this board is JW issues and people who are leaving or have left the JW religion, or non-JW people who are somehow associated with it through friends or family.

Other stuff is secondary here.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

JWoods, so you're taking over the board and overriding Simon's welcome mat to welcome EVERYONE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit