my letter to the elders and governing body

by leftchica 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

or you could just say "dear John need I say more"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As the old song says "If It Makes You Feel Good, Do It "

Sure, they have seen plenty of these letters...Yes, it will make no difference to them. But this is your letter, your statement of belief and your right to say it . If you are thus resolved, go for it !

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great letters leftchica!

I don't know if you were trying to be funny, but this sentence had me ROFLMAO.

I have not attended a meeting or filled out a time sheet pertaining to any hours worked for the society in over a year.

What a hilarious tongue-in-cheek jab at the corporate nature of being a JW.

Well done,

om

• undercover
    undercover

As has been noted, it probably won't be read completely through by the elders. They'll get to the word disassociation and that'll be about it.

But I can see the benefit of putting it all in writing, even if the elders don't read it. First of all, its cathartic to you. You get it all out in one instance and in one format. It's a cleansing of the soul. And you leave no doubt as to why you're leaving. There's nothing for them to wonder about or try to discuss with you. It's all there in writing. Read it, if you've got the guts, Brother Elder...

Another thing is that you can save it and if any JW is interested enough to try to learn more about why you left, you can give them a copy. Maybe, just maybe, something in there will stick in their brain, hopefully to cause some questions or doubts later when something doesn't quite add up.

• xbro
    xbro

great letter but sadly wasted on them.

now start living, by the way christmas is great!

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

When I wrote my letter I refused to play by their rules so I used no terms they emply such as "disassociate" or that I was leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses since that term is in the Bible and refers to Israel. I just told them The Watchtower, its doctrines and origins was seriously flawed and left them to figure it out. I pray that the letter gets read by a heart prepared by the Holy Spirit to leave the WT and find a relationship with Jesus.

I said that the Watchtower had demonically inspired doctrines. That made certain no one missed the import of my letter.

Paul;

• peaches
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Great letter. You researched your reasons quite well. I particularly liked the way you began by showing how the JW's good news is very different from the good news JW's teach and had good scriptural back-up for that.

The elders WILL read it, don't worry. They have to read all of it to be fully sure of your reasons for leaving (ie, apostasy in their eyes) and to see if you have admitted to any immorality or anything like that. There are many elders out there secretly struggling with doubts and your letter may be the catalyst that helps one of them escape one day. Well done.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

nice witness to the false witnesses.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

you never know it may encourage a doubting elder.many elders have da'ed themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit