my letter to the elders and governing body

by leftchica 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

It is a lovely letter I hope that someone does you the courtesy of reading it. At least you are able to think for yourself and look at scriptures with a clear mind seeking the answers you needed. Whatever they decide I can't believe God would condemn you for an honest evaluation of scripture.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Leftchica Yes I agree with alanv there will be many reading this on the forum that are lurkers or sitting on the fence and will help them think. I liked how you pointed out the watchtower 'No where else to go' March l988 changing it from 'whom' to 'where'. Misleading people into thinking that if they leave the organisation they are leaving God and Jesus. This is what I pointed out to my family that I have not left God or Jesus christ. Jesus is the way the truth and the life there is salvation through him and no one else. He is our mediator. We don't have to go to the organisation for salvation.

That was a well written letter Mr Bumble and I hope many more have the courage to right similar letters and many more including our family wake up and think for themselves.

RosePetal

• zoiks
    zoiks

Nice letter- well thought-out and articulated.

• Mary
    Mary

I respect your decision to be a part of false religion so I ask you to respect my decision to "obey God as ruler, rather than man".

I love it! Excellent letter. I'd like to see the looks on the elders' faces when they get it.

• carla
  • lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Thanks for sharing!

I agree with some of the above posts - as well thought out, articulate, and accurate as your letter is, I worry that those haughty self-righteous scum bags wont read it.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I doubt if any will read it all. MOst likely, they'll just skim the first coupleof paragraphs, go right to the end to determine who wrote the letter, set up a meeting to ask you the loyalty questions, and if you don't answer them to their satisfaction, DF you.

Oh...wait a minute, they don't DF anymore, they just announce you as being no longer one of jehovahs-witnesses.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Wow! That's quite a letter. You made many great points. With your permission I would love to use some of it when my mom writes her disassocation letter.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Great letter! I love it.

PS OMG! I'm so sick of Joleejr44. What does it take to get him banned?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Besides a couple of spelling and usage errors, a pretty good letter.

That said, I seriously doubt it will be read, except perhaps to determine who you are and whether a visit to your home can be arranged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit