my letter to the elders and governing body

by leftchica 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• leftchica
    leftchica

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

To the Elders of the Maitland Congregation and Governing Body of The Watchtower Tract

and Bible Society,

This letter is to inform you that I, xxxx, no longer wish to be associated

with the Watchtower Tract and Bible Society, known as the organization of Jehovah's

Witnesses. As you know, I have not attended a meeting or filled out a time sheet

pertaining to any hours worked for the society in over a year. After a careful and

prayerful examination of the Scriptures and the history of the society, I have confirmed

what I was afraid to admit to be true: this is not God's organization and that I have

sadly been involved with false religion for over 4 yrs of my life. My relationship with

Jehovah God has always been present in my life, before learning "the Truth" and is only more present now.

I believe in my heart he has helped me see the light and has answered my prayers. I no

longer wish to be a part of this organization and obey the "faithful and discreet slave". I

only have come to realize through deep study of the scriptures that the NWT has been

altered to fit the demands and beliefs of this religious organization and is in fact, a

inconsistent translation and has changed entire meanings of passages to fit the beliefs of

the society. I also have done a complete history study of first century Christians only to

discover they are not similar at all to Jehovah Witness's today. How ignorant, i was to

just take the organizations word that they are the "first century Christians of today" .

I ask that you please respect my God given right of freedom of choice and no longer

contact me. I will not attend a judicial committee if asked to do so and I would like to be

put on the "Do not Call list". I am hereby disassociating myself from The religion known

as Jehovah's Witnesses. I respect your decision to be a part of false religion so I ask you

to respect my decision to "obey God as ruler, rather than man".

I understand you are forbidden by the Governing Body to read any material that is not in favor of the Society, however I have enclosed the reasons for why I feel the way I do in a separate letter.

"Look well to yourself and to your teaching:preserve in these things, for by doing so you

will save both yourself and those who hear you".

1st Tim4:16

sincerely,xxx

This letter is written to explain why I no longer wish to be associated with The Watchtower Tract and Bible Society.

The major misconception is that the First Century Christians "spread the good news" like Jehovah Witness's do today. This has proven to be false. Reason being; First Century Christians declared the "good news of Jesus", the Lord, which was about his coming, his sacrifice, his death, and his Resurrection. Acts11:21,4:33, 1Cor 2:2. It was not to spread the word about "Jehovah's Kingdom or Armageddon". In fact, the entire bible theme is completely different to that of the NWT theme. The Good News in the NWT is entirely "different" than the Good News in the

Holy Bible. First Century Christians preached the News of Jesus, the Messiah, and the

good things that were to come from him. They put their faith HIM, Preached for His

name, and worshiped Him. John 4:12,4:34, Acts 3:16, 4:12, 4:18, Romans

10:9,10.

They also taught that there is one mediator between God and man and that

through Him and Him alone could one receive forgiveness of sins. 1Tim 2:4-6. The

Watchtower teaches that Jesus is not your mediator UNLESS you are of the "little

flock",(144,000). Your are quoted stating in one of your books .." He is the mediator

between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel which is

limited to only 144,000 members" That totally contradicts what the bible says! What

scriptural proof is there that only the "anointed" have Jesus as their mediator? Jesus's

sacrifice was for ALL people, and stressing the importance all being one in Christ with no

distinction between Jews or Christian's..and just for BELIEVING in him we are to be

saved, it is literally that simple. Romans 10:6-13. I am appalled more by the FACT that

Romans 10:13 has been completely changed to vindicate the organizations beliefs and

practices. Jehovah's name has been inserted where Jesus's name was meant to be. If

one really meditated on the ENTIRE book of Romans, it clearly is about Jesus and not

Jehovah. How upset he must be with your leaders who translated the NWT with no

respect for his command:" and if anyone cancels or takes away from the statements of

the book of this prophesy,God will cancel and take away from him his share in the tree

of life and in the city of holiness which are described and promised in this book".

Another important scripture altered is John 6:68 where Peter asks Jesus " to whom

shall we go to, You have the words of everlasting life ". It is slanderous to see that the

Watchtower has changed "who" to "where" . The Watchtower's article "Nowhere else

to go" from March 1988 changes the meaning of this scripture by replacing the word

"who" to "where".This obviously is in favor for the Watchtower Society to claim that

when someone "leaves the flock" of Jehovah's Witness's they are leaving Jesus and

Jehovah. If you read the book of John it is not talking of leaving an organization and it is

horrifying to see once again a subtle change in words to change the entire meaning of

the scripture. Jesus instructed to "leave others on the account of his name" in the book of

Matthew. He said " in his name" , not for an organized religious group. He also teaches us

that " there is salvation through him and no one else" in the book of Acts chapter 4.

From Watchtower magazine you say " Come to Jehovah's organization for salvation"(wt

Nov 15th 1981) Jesus didn't say that in order to be saved you must join "Jehovah's

earthly organization." Acts 2:21 reads: " And it shall be that whoever shall call

upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". Its horrifying to see "Jehovah" replaced

with "Lord" in this verse when it is actually referring to Jesus. Again, you have tampered

with God's word. That alone is enough for me to know you are what Jesus referred to as

"wolves in sheep's clothing".

1st Century Christians also never claimed to know when Jesus would return, nor did they

speculate or suggest when that would be. They wondered and asked Jesus but they

never got on podiums and preached about it year after year and rile people up to think it

could be any day. Acts 1:7. I know as Elders and members of the Governing Body you

are aware of the past prophesies made by your organization and are quick to suggest

you never actually stated the world was ending but your strong style of suggesting and

speculation has been recorded and documented since the early 1900s. It is easily found

on the Internet and past books that the society has published. Knowing your strong

demands against researching the society it is hard for a dedicated witness to do proper

research. Only the ones who listen to their heart will venture on to research the

deplorable changes and cover ups made by the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society. It is

obvious you have fear of loosing members and watching the whole organization crumble

down. I am certain I am not the first nor will I be the last to have the guts and no "fear"

inside of me to go against the governing body's demands to research the truth about the

organization. Your claim on the end of the world has been recorded in your books, public

talks and in videos. Today witnesses are told "its right around the corner" and "it is

close". If that is not speculating a claim of Jesus return, than I don't know what is.

Matthew 24:36 states that Jesus doesn't even know when the world would end but

recorded in Proclaimers Book Rutherford(your former leader) claimed he did. Jesus

warned us about false prophets like Rutherford in the book of Matthew: "and many false

prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error" Matthew 24:11. You cant

deny that the Watchtower has "lead many into error" on numerous occasions. Matthew

24:24 says " For false prophets will arise and they will show great signs and wonders

so as to deceive and lead astray. I am saddened that your corporation has failed to

admit they have in deed done that in the past and still do it today claiming "The great

day of Jehovah is NEAR".

Jesus also taught us to love ALL people, not just those within the congregation. He came

to divide people on faith, not on religion. It is sad to see so many closed minded

individuals who won't befriend someone at school or work only because of the fear of

"worldly people" has been instilled in them. They go on with such a negative view of

others and loose out on so many beautiful memories and relationships. I was not raised

to be partial to people and to "only have limited association". I see the good in all

humans, just as Jesus did.

First Century Christians saw Jesus as the "Truth" not an organization. 1John 5:20,2cor

13:5 and with scriptural evidence Jesus is "the Truth" John 17:17, 1:14., not a

religious organization. Jesus told us He is The Truth . John 14:6,12:46,

5:39-40,6:34-37, Matthew 11:28-30. No religion can claim to have "absolute Truth"

when only Jesus was given that authority. Absolute truth is also something that your

organization has failed to prove time over time. You claim that " the holy spirit is at work

in bringing Bible Truths to light. That this magazine(the watchtower)has long been used

by the faithful and discreet slave as the primary channel for dispensing increased

light":( quoted from April 15,2010 study edition.) For one the bible and the bible

alone was created to dispense truth, not a man made magazine with misquoted

references and loaded language. Secondly, Proverbs 4:18 has nothing to do with

"dispensing information to a group of people". When one reads the entire chapter of

proverbs it is obvious to see it is about being a good person, it has little if anything to do

with "dispensing information that is right" at the proper time. Even if it did have

anything to do with how God progressively reveals the truth you would never pass that

"inspection from Jesus" on whether or not the Watchtower is God's organization because

you changed too many "truths". New light replaces old light which really means " what

we meant before we don't mean now..now we mean this". You once again changed your

definition of "generation" and this time the change can be found in The Watchtower. In

this April 15th,2010 edition it changes the meaning of a core doctrine for the 6th time.

Does that mean that Jehovah has been dispensing false light to the governing body or

better yet, he keeps changing his mind? For anyone to not see fault in this is lying to

himself. Will it change again in 5yrs or maybe 20? Regardless you are tampering with

Gods word and his reputation. I cannot support any organization who claims to have the

"truth" when they keep changing it and have no Real scriptural support to back it up.

This brings me to the core doctrine of your religion. Matthew 24:45-47. One mistake

that I have made when becoming involved in your organization is that I just accepted

what I was told in reference to that scripture. You claim the "Governing Body" is "The

Faithful and Discreet Slave". There is no scriptural proof of that neither is there any

evidence. With your poor history and false teachings I am 100% sure I no longer want

to be a Jehovah's Witness.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Way to go! And in your own terms!

Start living.

• dissed
    dissed

You know, getting a letter like that has to be a ego deflater to the GB.

I wonder how many of those they get per day?

"Rats another one lost"

• The Missus
    The Missus

I respect your decision to be a part of false religion so I ask you to respect my decision to "obey God as ruler, rather than man".

Wow! What a powerful statement - very well written!!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Great letter....What did you find about 1st century Christians that you didn't know?....what's next now?

dc

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

The Governing Body has heard it all before. You wrote it well. I wrote them the same and more. Jehovah says if you close your ear to the plaintive cries of the little ones He will close His ears to you. Save your ink. Jesus knows and he will take action. He starts with his house first. They do not know they have already been inspected and did not pass. The GB has consistantly refused to listen and support the anointed. They do not want to hear about the joy of a heavenly hope. They grumble and shed doubt toward those who partake at the annual memorial. The first thing I was told by my then congregation presiding oversee after I partook of the bread and wine in 1984 was, " Do not talk about this to anyone. This is a matter between you and Jehovah only." I told him that it caused me joy and in no way did I intend to hide my light under a baske. In the following years, the elders did everything they could to discourage me from partaking from year to year. It is a long a arduos account of untold stress on my family. I will not give up my crown for them. I will not deny Jesus Christ, and I will not stop sharing my joy. Joy is one of the nine fruitages of the Holy Spirit. It is my God given right. Keep your chin up, your deliverence is near. Rest assured Jehovah does hear your plaintive cry.

• smiddy
    smiddy

leftchica

I`m impressed ,a well written statement,wont mean anything to the borg,but what the hell,you got it off your chest ,and their on notice.

And if their are any lurkers ,fence sitters,out their do yourself a favour and think for yourselves.

smiddy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fantastic letter. It's such a shame you put all the effort into writing it and it won't be read.

• alanv
    alanv

They will certainly read the main letter and it is written well enough to make anyone think about their own position.

The second letter to is well written and even if it is not read by the elders it has been read by people on this forum so far 209 times.

Well done for having the courage to do this and yeh start living your life the way it should be led.

I wish you well

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

excellent letter, saved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit