Anyone seen Precious?

by Snoozy 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm the sam way MsD, I can't watch stuff like that...it just hurts my heart. My husand just got up the nerve to see "Antwone Fisher", he had avoided the movie cuz it strikes too close to home for him (his mother was horribly abusive).

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why, did you lose your ring? W.Once

• snowbird
    snowbird

I watched Roots and The Color Purple.

That was enough.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

WO you clever boy you.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I watched it this evening, available if you have cable for 3.99.

I found it not near as in depth as "Roots" or the "Color Purple", Even the "Secret life of bees"

It was OK, but it didn't really kick in until the mother told her story near the end and "Precious" stood her ground. (that scene was the most poignant)

Just my opinion.

r.

• dig692
    dig692

Haven't seen it and not sure if I really want to. I tend to sympathize way too much and end up feeling miserable after watching movies that touch on such tragic real life issues as rape, incest, abuse, poverty, etc. Just my opinion though. I've heard from most people that watched it that it's a tough movie to sit through, but they do recommend it. I just don't think I can watch it anytime soon.

• dinah
    dinah

I will read the book first. Props to Monique. That was a big difference from the smart-ass comedian I love.

The story is supposed to have a happy ending. Like The Color Purple, Sealy was a strong women with impossible circumstances. I read the book after seeing the move. The book was much deeper, even though I think Whoopie did Sealy justice.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Well, I was going to watch it tonight, but this makes me think twice about it.....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Celie, my dear one.

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

I wanted to go all Lorena Bobbit on Mister. Or at least play some grit-ball with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit