Anyone seen Precious?

by Snoozy 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

They are showing it on the Awards tonight and I really want to see it...just wondered what people thought of it. Did you enjoy it?

Snoozy

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I haven't seen it yet - it looks as though it's a really tough film to watch, so I've been waiting to watch in the comfort of my 4 walls, where if I need to run to the bathroom to compose myself I won't be looked down upon or tsked.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read the book (PUSH) and from clips I have seen, it's just like the book. It seems awesome. It ran a short while in my area and I didn't get to the theater. It's set to release this week at Netflix, probably just about everywhere else too, so I will see it within a week or two.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I seen it. It was a very tough watch but very, very real and very touching. Be prepared before watching, there is one sene where her dirty step father is raping her, it's quick but stays in your mind. You will leave the theater quite... but in my opinion, it's something everyone needs to see, it gives you the inside into a world many don't understand.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I won't ever see it. I don't want to watch that kind of negative stuff. There's enough crap in the daily news that I try hard to avoid. Give me a pleasant fiction where I can escape for an hour or so.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Thanks for the thumbs up on it's release at Netflix..I will be watching for it.

And as was mentioned here I usually don't like those kinds of Movies but this one is attracting me.

Ah..Jeff Bridges just won an award..I love him!!!! (Crazy Heart) He is thanking everyone he ever knew...lol

(I'm watching the Oscars now..)

Best Actor...in Crazy Heart

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK..now watching to see Best Actress...Precious?

Oprah is talking about her..( Another great actress)

And the winner is:

Sandra Bullock...(Her first award)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I tried to be nice and watch it with my wife couldn't get thru the first 5 minutes.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Very, very difficult movie to watch. Not sure why I watched the movie when I had difficulty making it through the book. There are several parts of the movie that stay with you longer than you want in addition to the father's abuse...its a TOUGH movie to watch. Would highly recommend watching it in parts on your own terms and\or watching a happy upbeat movie right afterwards.

Honestly, if I could do it all over again...I would take a pass on both the book and movie...waaaay TOO intense for me.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Shopaholic, that's what I do. I watch something funny or upbeat after watching a depressing or sad show/movie.

And I can only watch them once..no more.

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit