Outsiders of JWN

by Yizuman 99 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why is this board so full of Paranoia? So many unfounded accusations by a minority of people who feel they have a right to police this board. People seem to forget there are moderators appointed to this role, leave it to them.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

What moderators? They're ain't doing crap. I wish they would.

Yiz

• dinah
    dinah

Yiz, check your PM's

• JWoods
    JWoods

You know what, Yiz? I think this entire pitiful thread should just end right here.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Yiz

Sorry but I am a fully rounded human being with a phd in cynicism, degree from the university of life, and a diploma from the school of hard knocks. When I read your post on your wife ssd getting cut off, reading between the lines I saw someone asking for money. Do I feel bad for you? A little but you have to take responsibility for your own actions or in-actions.

I
    got just one guy out of the cult after spending months with him and he was just in for 3 years. He's out now and is a truck driver. He regrets divorcing his wife over the false religion and she doesn't want him back after the way he treated her as she was beneath him because she refused to become one of them and gain custody over their child, using that Custody book that the WTS passes out to members who have custody issues.

I must have missed the bit on dubs not being allowed to be truck drivers?!? I guess you have turned him from cult salesman into a prostitute murderer!

Seriously, are you surprised his wife doesn't want to know him? Did he or she use the custody book? (your commentry gets a little lost here). If he did then I am really not surprised she kicked him into touch!

Before I change subject I have one other question. How did you get him out? You said you spent months with him. How did you do it?

I am not a JW or an exJW nor will I ever be either, however I have been made to feel very welcome here. I would even let outlaw come round for a drink(s) with my friends Jonnie and Sally! Maybe a game of cards too!

Even if I spent an entire lifetime getting just one person out, I think it's well worth it.

Interesting statement.......out into what? What if they don't want to be rescued? Are you putting this above everything else?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

No you are selective reading, Mr Mob. *slaps forehead and swears society needs a mandatory IQ test*

I said "He's out NOW and is a truck driver" (Past Tense) Read it again!! Where did I say dubs is not allowed to be truck drivers? If I believed that, I would have stated that plainly and clearly! QUIT SELECTIVE READING PLEASE!!! There's nothing more annoying than people skimming over paragraphs. *sheesh!*

I guess you have turned him from cult salesman into a
    prostitute murderer!

WT? Is your brain seriously broken?

Seriously, are you surprised his wife doesn't want to know him? Did he or she use the custody book? (your commentry gets a little lost here). If he did then I am really not surprised she kicked him into touch!

What? He used the custody book. His wife refused to become a JW, so he divorced her, then got help from an Elder who showed him the WTS custody book and got custody of his only son who as a baby at the time. Make sense now? I hope so.

How did you get him out? You said you spent months with him. How did you do it?

He was a co-worker of mine, he worked 3rd shift and I worked 2nd shift, so when I got off and he was coming, when business was slow, so I hung out with him and we chatted vis ASL (he's was an Interpreter for his then congregation that he was a member of, but isn't anymore)

I started out using scriptures and using formulated questions that forces him to think rather than automatically spouting out WT dogma that he was trained to do. The best way to teach a JW about the WTS is to use questions w/o letting him/her know that you are teaching them. They're trained to be defensive the second they hear critical thinking of the WTS. To bypass that training, I used what they're trained to do, to answer questions.

They love to answer questions, their ego loves it. That's their weakness. I took advantage of that. So I formulate questions that makes them go, "Huh?" and they have to stop and THINK how to answer them rather than the canned answers that they are given.

After a while, I start using publications, pointing out false prophecies, doctinal changes. If they start getting defensive, I tell them to check it out for themselves. If they start using the "apostate" line, I ask them "Do you mean to tell me that WTS publishes apostate materials??" and they have to say, "NO!" and if they say "New Light", I show Charles Taze Russell's statement that "new light does not extinguish old light, but adds to them".

I use very little on publications and I avoid the Trinity doctrine because that never gets anywhere. That's something I talk about as the last thing once they are first OUT of the WTS, not before. It's a waste of time arguing Trinity doctrine. Never gets anywhere as I learned the hard way.

The bible is what I make most use of and I often share my experience as a Christian going to church where free thinking is allowed and being accepted as you are w/o having to do works in order to be accepted unlike what and how JWs treat their fellow members, I try to make him see the greener side of things a bit. We talked about shunning and he admitted he had some problems with that because he looks at his baby boy and has a hard time with the idea of shunning him if it ever came around to that. He quit his job because it got to be too much for all the information that was overloading his brain, that was in 1984.

He left in 1986 after he realized he got suckered and tried to apologize to his ex-wife and that he got duped. He wanted his wife back but she was already into another relationship and is bitter about the custody issue and he made her look like crap in court and a bad mother. She did not want anything to do with him. The only thing he could do to make up some with her is he agreed to joint custody whereas he didn't before as a JW.

He did come looking for me while I was off that day and he left me a message, "sorry I missed you" and left me a phone number So I called the deaf relay and connected to him and we spoke very briefly. He thanked me for waking him up and it took a while to start seeing what I was trying to tell him all along. So he disassociated himself. After that, he got a job as a truck driver and his route just happen to be my way so he stopped over on his way to his destination. Sorry I missed him. We haven't made contact since then. I wonder how he is doing now?

Yiz

It's like high school, a jock wearing his jock strap on his head picking on nerds because they look funny and is too smart. You love antagonizing people because you think it's funny! Like your stupid laughing dog, it fits you perfectly. -- Yizuman (re: Outlaw)

Outlaw, shame on you! How could you miss a chance to respond to such a juicy nugget?

The "nerds . . . look funny and is too smart" is an implicit reference to Yiz as being a nerd and too smart, yet the grammar includes mistakes a 3rd grade student would be expected to avoid. And of course, Outlaw is the "jock wearing his jock strap on his head" who picks on folks purporting to be nerds!

I am outraged at the despicable and entirely unwarranted characterization of Outlaw's laughing dog as "stupid." That dog is no dummy. He is my professor!

Yizuman, I'm waiting for your explanation as to why you got defensive when I stated that if folks are here to scam, they should get lost, without specifically referring to you.

• sir82
    sir82

Wait, I'm confused...where should I send my money?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Can I have some money? Sir82?

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Yiz

There is no selective reading going on! You said "he's out now and is a truck driver". That doesn't explain if he was a truck driver before during or after. In your response to my post you cleared it up that he became a truck driver after he left the witnesses. Thank you.

I guess you have turned him from cult salesman into a
    prostitute murderer!

WT? Is your brain seriously broken?

Sorry, English humour. Nevermind (Top Gear)

What? He used the custody book. His wife refused to become a JW, so he divorced her, then got help from an Elder who showed him the WTS custody book and got custody of his only son who as a baby at the time. Make sense now? I hope so.

Thank you for clearing this up. You orginal post is below and I hope you can see why I was a little lost.

He regrets divorcing his wife over the false religion and she doesn't want him back after the way he treated her as she was beneath him because she refused to become one of them and gain custody over their child, using that Custody book that the WTS passes out to members who have custody issues.

Thanks for posting this? Just curious, what did you and he do for a job back then?

He was a co-worker of mine, he worked 3rd shift and I worked 2nd shift, so when I got off and he was coming, when business was slow, so I hung out with him and we chatted vis ASL (he's was an Interpreter for his then congregation that he was a member of, but isn't anymore)
    I started out using scriptures and using formulated questions that forces him to think rather than automatically spouting out WT dogma that he was trained to do. The best way to teach a JW about the WTS is to use questions w/o letting him/her know that you are teaching them. They're trained to be defensive the second they hear critical thinking of the WTS. To bypass that training, I used what they're trained to do, to answer questions.
    They love to answer questions, their ego loves it. That's their weakness. I took advantage of that. So I formulate questions that makes them go, "Huh?" and they have to stop and THINK how to answer them rather than the canned answers that they are given.
    After a while, I start using publications, pointing out false prophecies, doctinal changes. If they start getting defensive, I tell them to check it out for themselves. If they start using the "apostate" line, I ask them "Do you mean to tell me that WTS publishes apostate materials??" and they have to say, "NO!" and if they say "New Light", I show Charles Taze Russell's statement that "new light does not extinguish old light, but adds to them".
    I use very little on publications and I avoid the Trinity doctrine because that never gets anywhere. That's something I talk about as the last thing once they are first OUT of the WTS, not before. It's a waste of time arguing Trinity doctrine. Never gets anywhere as I learned the hard way.
    The bible is what I make most use of and I often share my experience as a Christian going to church where free thinking is allowed and being accepted as you are w/o having to do works in order to be accepted unlike what and how JWs treat their fellow members, I try to make him see the greener side of things a bit. We talked about shunning and he admitted he had some problems with that because he looks at his baby boy and has a hard time with the idea of shunning him if it ever came around to that. He quit his job because it got to be too much for all the information that was overloading his brain, that was in 1984.
    He left in 1986 after he realized he got suckered and tried to apologize to his ex-wife and that he got duped. He wanted his wife back but she was already into another relationship and is bitter about the custody issue and he made her look like crap in court and a bad mother. She did not want anything to do with him. The only thing he could do to make up some with her is he agreed to joint custody whereas he didn't before as a JW.
    He did come looking for me while I was off that day and he left me a message, "sorry I missed you" and left me a phone number So I called the deaf relay and connected to him and we spoke very briefly. He thanked me for waking him up and it took a while to start seeing what I was trying to tell him all along. So he disassociated himself. After that, he got a job as a truck driver and his route just happen to be my way so he stopped over on his way to his destination. Sorry I missed him. We haven't made contact since then. I wonder how he is doing now?

sniff sniff sniif! Outlaw did your dog poo round here? Oh no I think it was toro!

This story along with you claim of having an IQ of 146 have a very distinct pong about them!

MttM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit