Has anyone else seen the movie Worlds Apart"? The Jehovahs witness flick?

by aquagirl 21 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I just bought it.Its amazingly accurate! Especially when the heroine tells her father that she has decided to quit school and become a full time pioneer.He was SO pleased!!!!That is exactly the way it is!The movie is very good,and isnt total JW bashing.A very interesting look at a sick cult.Also,I had a lot of "Thea" friends,Girls that would get me to do something that they "said " they were doing,and when I didi it,they would have to confess for my own good.Whew,I am soooo thankful to be out of that crap.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was an excellent movie. Many of the apparent inaccuracies are due to cultural differences; they got the majority of the detail spot on.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I loved how accurate the "Spanish Inquisition" of a JC was with questions about what happened.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah,The elders were interested in the details of the evenings events.I remember that so well.That one creepy elder w/the facial hair...eeeuuuwwww

• dissed
    dissed

Will be on the Sundance Channel this Tuesday. I've set my DVR to record it.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for comment later.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have it. I had a gal email me through our Phoenix Ex-JW Meetup site about a year ago. She had a boyfriend that is a JW. She wanted to know about JWs as her BF wouldn't talk to her about it. We met up at Starbucks' and talked for two hours. She had already ordered Crises of Conscience by Ray Franz. (I was amazed how young people just naturally now-a-days do research, via Internet about such things and this girl was certainly intelligent) I gave her this DVD to watch and mail back. She enjoyed it and said it was amazingly similar to her situation. Last I heard she broke up with the JW.

• dissed
    dissed

This is the schedgule for 'Worlds Apart' on the Sundance Channel. (All times Eastern Time Zone USA) Tuesday March 9 at 7AM

Tuesday March 9 at 12:30PM Tuesday March 9 at 5:30PM Sunday March 21 at 3PM Wednesday March 24 at 7:15AM Wednesday March 24 at 12:30PM
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Does anyone know if this will be aired in the UK?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Cantleave, have you seen it? I have a copy if you'd like to borrow it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit