Has anyone else seen the movie Worlds Apart"? The Jehovahs witness flick?

by aquagirl 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes please!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

PM me your address and I'll post it to you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mickey Mouse you have a PM. - Thanks!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

No worries. You can let us have it back in June when we meet up.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sure thing.

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Thanks Dissed! I will be sure to catch it this week on Sundance.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I had like to watch this movie too. Please, any one around to lend it to me?Please, pm

Thanks

Scott77

• dgp
    dgp

This is a very good movie. I can't give you but the impressions of a male unbeliever who finds himself in a very similar situation to that of the unbelieving male in the movie.

If you have read about the WTS and you know what to expect, you immediately understand that the filmmaker did his homework very well. All the nuances my unbelieving eyes can perceive are there. And all the perspectives and feelings of an unbeliever are also there. Let's summarize this as "Why the hell can't I love you? Who came up with such an irrational thing?". The perspective of another unbeliever, Teis's mother, is also there: why should her son get himself in trouble by loving the member of a cult?

The unbeliever also tries to convert if that's what it takes to get his girl. He just can't. I wonder if whoever watches this movie really understands why: because he is too used to the freedoms the WTS will want to take away. It's as if you tried to turn a 50 year old into a slave. He could have to do it, but he would always be a potential runaway.

The unbeliever who watches this movie will feel immediately touched and will see himself (or herself) on the screen. He or she will think twice about getting involved with a Jehovah's witness. But, I'm afraid, not in the way that some JW's or some not-very-loving unbelievers would. A loving unbeliever will wonder whether his or her love isn't doing more damage than good to his/her dearly beloved. It also makes you think whether you're man enough to the responsibility of becoming a person's sole support. Your witness will leave everything for you; will you be up to the challenge?

I don't think many practicing Jehovah's witnesses will ever watch this movie or read this post. But, in case any does, know, witness, whoever you are, that the unbeliever who gets to love you does love you. Sometimes he will ignore what he is getting into. But sometimes he does what it would take. Some of us will leave you because we will have understood that we aren't up to the challenge. And, some of us will stay because that will be all we will be able to do, no matter how we try to use our heads. If an unbeliever loves you despite the mixed messages, the pain, and all the stuff that comes with the WTS, he loves you like no one else will. Keep that in your memory if you should lose him.

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

I've watched this movie as well. I like the simplicity and the almost paper thin characters. Those two elements really made the primary message of the film stand out, It just makes you wonder how many people around the world has gone through similiar situations. The details were pretty spot on, I think the inaccuracies were due to either culture or just the script writers trying to avoid being sued. I tell, it had me tearing up , its a beautiful movie.

• z
    z

I have Direct Tv can someone know what channel is Sundance ????/

Thx

Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit