Give them a PYRAMID INCH and they'll take a mile!

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Did you know that Charlie Taze Russell wrote his Studies in the Scriptures chapter on the Witness in Stone and sent off a copy (before publication) to an expert (Piazzi-Smyth, I think the name was) for review. He got a thumb's up and then used the expert approval to verify his statements.

What most people don't know is that after he got the approval, Russell CHANGED his computations and printed the Thumb's Up AS THOUGH the new figures had been reviewed.

Interesting, no?

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I was in the WT organization in 1975 and despite all the hoopla going on, I always felt in the back of my mind something was not right. Yes, I went out and distributed those Kingdom News tracts during that time. We were told not to have discussions with people at the door, but just leave the tracts, try to sound urgent with them, and move on. The purpose was to get as many distributed as possible. Maybe it was then that little nudgings in the back of my mind took hold but I stayed in the org. for about 20+ more years.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Cool is it not, keep "cooking" the numbers till you get one that works...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its ironic that to this day if you do not accept this fantastical realism created by the WTS.

that your perceived to be spiritually weak goated by Satan in not accepting this truth.

This is where the inbred corruption pops up its ugly head and yes to the extent of breaking up families.

I suppose if you imply enough fear and coercion you can get people to believe just about

anything.

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

Terry, I'd really like to take you out and buy you a beer some time and just listen to you. Be my mentor!

• moshe
    moshe

Numerology can be disguised in many forms and the result is always=

Thanks for the history refresher, Terry.

• Terry
    Terry

The embarassing fact of Pyramidology should really sink this religion from the get-go. But, somehow, they manage to shrug it off easily.

It is a monumental piece of intellectual flummery to think you could measure the inside passages of an Egyptian pyramid and predict dates in history. Just think about it for a minute!! Amazing crap!!

• moshe
    moshe

The Scientologists are committed to the God Xenu, too. After you spend over $100,000 in special courses to find out about Xenu- a science fiction writer's idea of God- you hate to admit you were bamboozled. JW's hate to admit it, too. I became aware of the Pyramid stuff within a year of getting baptized in 1972 and for the life of me, I can't explain why it didn't faze me. I guess, I assumed that, if these 80 year old JW's- original Bible Students back then, didn't get upset about it, then why should it bother me. Maybe, if an outsider had presented that pyramid info, I might have seen how stupid the origins of the WT religion were.

• Terry
    Terry

I think I know what it is, really.

My best friend in California (L.A.) was an artist named Mark who was an avid Scientologist. He took me to the Celebrity Center in downtown Hollywood for an introductory lecture and a "rundown" on the E-meter.

It was just fabulous!

All the processes and lectures and manuals are high-tech and delightfully sci-fi in flavor. Men are given "auditors" who are lovely young women. Women are given handsome young men.

Get the picture?

It is the same in Jehovah's Witnesses when you are first studying the "bible" using Watchtower publications and learning a mile a minute that there is no Trinity, Hell, immortal soul and that there is going to be a Paradise Earth etc etc. Such a rush of learning and excitement!!

But---once you are on the inside: they OWN YOU!

All the razzle-dazzle and Hoop-la is just a come-on like a sideshow barker at a Carnival.

Once they've got you where they want you it is all HOUSE of HORRORS.

You can't catch fish with an unbaited hook.

The PYRAMIDOLOGY was a real dazzler back in Russell's day!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Any kind of spiritualism was of a heighten interest within the population itself at that time.

Education and knowledge among the base population was not what it is today in modern societies.

Therefore it was much easier to catch the publics imagination with idealogical concept.

Being that the Freemasons hold such a strong association the Great Pyramid in their structuring, one cant help

make the assumption that Russell had indeed a close connection with this organization.

Charles's salesmanship came out in him though and he thought he could make some ground in selling it to the public.

PYRAMIDOLOGY now is just one small segment of what created the JWS publishing Kingdom today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit