Give them a PYRAMID INCH and they'll take a mile!

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

In ancient times the easiest way to measure things was to use the most convenient measuring tools available that anybody could afford to own: your OWN BODY PARTS!

Yes, you could use your own foot to measure "feet".

You could use the width of your thumb to measure an inch (call it by whatever name you like.)

The distance between your outstretched middle finger and your nose would be a yard.

That's how it works. It was called a RULE OF THUMB for this reason.

But, no two people had the same sized body parts. You needed a standard.

You would standardize these measurements by taking the King's body parts and using HIS proprietary measurements and making them the fixed certainty by which all other things would conform. That is why it is called A RULER. (King=Ruler, get it?)

Ever heard this expression?

Necessity is the mother of invention.

It means when you really need something (necessity) you may have to just go out and invent the damned thing yourself!

For example:

Religious enthusiasts (don't you dare call them fanatics!) were eager for the Return of Christ. Oh yes, they were very eager.

Some, in their eagerness, decided to hurry Jesus toward a definite date of arrival by SETTING THE DATE of his return.

The problem with setting a date certain was that you couldn't really prove it. Especially when it didn't happen!

It made you look like a....a.....well---a nutjob! A crackpot! A charlatan!

What you really needed (necessity) was to invent your own proof!

A really clever person might want to come up with something very famous and tangible to prove a date certain!

Here is the story of one such INVENTION.

People who measured the Great Pyramid of Egypt frequently found lengths of slightly more than 25 regular inches. 25.0265 inches

There seemed to be some sort of....well....pattern to this.

What could it "mean"???

The length of a year is 365.25636 days. (25.0265 inches) x (365.25636 days) is approximately the length of one side of the pyramid.

Surely that almost could mean something. Couldn't it? Just a little?

The polar radius of the earth is approximately 3949.89 mi. One ten-millionth of that is apparently 25.0265 inches.

You see that? Wow! That is ALMOST 25 inches. That MUST means something important--right? But, what??

THE ENTIRE PREMISE of measuring the Pyramid and projecting "MEANING" comes from this contrived "co-incidence"!!

Does it take your breath away?

It should!!

First of all, how often do you measure accurately within one ten-millionth of anything? Eh?

The radius of the Earth is.........approximate! Ancient man had no way of knowing the radius of the Earth.

Consequently, by taking what we have approximated TODAY and exptrapolating it BACKWARDS through time we are "impressed" by something that never happened!

Namely, that ancient builders:

1.Had a unit of measurement accurate within one-ten millionth of an inch.

2.Had knowledge of the earth's radius

3.Had the physical means to trim sandstone with one ten-millionth of that inch.

4.Erected a stone edifice whose SOLE INTENTION was to inform Charles Taze Russell that his Divine Plan of the Ages had the correct time alignment with history!!!

Naturally, all of this appears quite possible when you drag the hand of God himself into it!!

In for a penny; in for a pound.

Accept the premise and you are bound to accept the conclusions based on the premise!

Jehovah's Witnesses use another kind of Pyramid Inch today. Sort of. What is it? What could it be?

607 B.C.E. is the other kind of Pyramid Inch.

They absolutely NEED it to PROVE their pivotal doctrine of Jesus' return in 1914.

That necessity is the mother of the 607 B.C.E. invention!

IT IS MADE UP OUT OF THIN AIR AND HAS NO ACTUAL EXISTENCE EXCEPT AS IT SERVES TO PROP UP A FALSE BELIEF! Just like the Bogus Pyramid Inch.

Once you are impressed by the events of WWI (world war, famine, pestilence) you are lured into accepting the fantasy connected with it as a "significant prophetic date.

Then, you are set up to watch the razzle-dazzle arithmetic of Gentile Times prophecy explanations.

It is all a bunch of hoakum, hooey and flummery.

607 B.C.E. has as much scientific actuality as the Pyramid Inch of Charles Taze Russell.

The average rank and file JW only "thinks" he has seen something marvellous "proved" by using it!

But, he is too naive and lazy to go much farther than that sham demonstration.

Just as the Great Pyramid was tangible, so too, World War I is tangible.

The only thing left is to CONNECT the intangible return of Jesus (he's invisible you see!) with the tanbible.

Presto! Instant proof!

If you look in all the reference books for Pyramid Inch do you think you'll find it?

If you look in all the reference books for 607 B.C.E. do you think you'll find it?

Here are 3 good reasons why absolutely nobody has successfully predicted the return of Jesus Christ.

1. All their computations are based on a false premise that the BIBLE (as we now have it) is the inerrant word of God and Divinely inspired.

2.The interpretation of the certain Bible passages is able to correspond to actual dates in history.

3.A prediction can be made, proved and verified through reasoning with apparent "patterns" in scripture.

Why is this false? Because the Bible we have today is not the original, autograph, manuscript INSPIRED Word of God. It is an approximation of an approximation of an approximation.

Would you build a very tall office building on architectural plans that were passed down by hearsay?

The building would not stand.

Neither will the predictions about Jesus' second coming!

Nothing is better proof of the NON-inspiration of the Bible than the failure to build a meaningful chronology using scripture.

Charles Taze Russell was forced out of necessity to use charts (Divine Plan of the Ages) and Great Pyramid speculations to PROVE his theology.

The current Watchtower Society is forced to PROVE their theology by a bogus invention of 607 B.C.E.

Hal Lindsey based his predictions on the establishment of Israel in 1945.

Time LaHaye (Left Behind series) uses a series of world events based on Premilleniallism.

The beat goes on and on and on.

NECESSITY is the mother of all their INVENTIONS.

Ever wonder why?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I love you posts Terry. I just don't know why people can't see it.

elder-schmelder

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I don't see it.....but i guess that is your point.

Good write up Terry.

• Terry
    Terry

I think alot about LINKAGE.

If you can't get from HERE...............................................to....................................................THERE

What do you do?

You have to INVENT LINKAGE!

I doubt very many of the posters on JW-net were in the Watchtower religion during the stampede up to 1975.

It was a LINKAGE consisting of several intermediate steps.

Each of these steps contained a false premise you had to swallow whole to get to the next one.

1. Each Creative Day was 7000 years long.

2. Mankind has been around for only 6000 years.

3.We can prove when the first creative day began.

4.The last 1000 years of the last creative day simply MUST BE the thousand year Reign of Christ.

AMAZING!

We accepted each and every one of those false (nonprovable) premises AND the LINKAGES.

Is it really any surprise that 1975 produced absolutely nothing but a big fat ZERO??

The feed back from the crackpots who concocted this crap was a deafening SILENCE!

Why?

They were as mystified as the rest of us that it didn't work.

It just never gets into their widdle head that any of their premises might be FALSE!

They've been backpeddling their pesky doctrines ever since 1975 and patching holes in the leaky dike.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think it is human nature to desire a puzzle to solve. That entails looking for clues and putting the pieces together. It's even more intriguing if we don't have the Big Picture and have to study the details carefully.

People also love mysteries. Just look at the success of the mystery novel genre!

And what greater mystery is there than Life: How did we get here...I mean, really....first cause? Are we here for a purpose? Have clues been left behind to help us? Is there a reward if we "solve" the mystery? Are there others that are special and may have some of the clues?

People also like games and "they" think: Maybe this is one big Cosmic Game and we can't get to the next level until we have mastered this one. Maybe the clues are in the details. Surely there is some kind of game book to go by?

• Terry
    Terry

I look at it like starting your new restaurant in the formerly occupied space of a FAILED restaurant.

What makes the new guy think HIS restaurant will fare any better.

• dissed
    dissed

This just proves that size really does matter....when it comes to Pyramid inches.

I would love to have a CT Russell souvenir 'Pyramid ruler yardstick' Wouldn't that be cool?

It would be adjustable, so the measuring line could fit any thing you want and get whatever results you needed.

• dissed
    dissed

This just proves that size really does matter....when it comes to Pyramid inches.

I would love to have a CT Russell souvenir 'Pyramid ruler yardstick' Wouldn't that be cool?

It would be adjustable, so the measuring line could fit any thing you want and get whatever results you needed.

• Terry
    Terry

Dissed, I had no idea you were identical twins!

• dissed
    dissed

Just one of my electronic clones that magically appears from time to time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit