Give them a PYRAMID INCH and they'll take a mile!

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The HISTORY channel has become a dumpster of programs about claptrap beliefs just to garner ratings and revenue.

What a pity.

The publishing industry stays afloat on the effluvium of lunatic fringe tomes, specultions and outright fantasy passed off as eye-witness accounts.

In Pastor Russell's day people were certainly in the mood for some really juicy proof of Jesus' return and the End of the World.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The HISTORY channel has become a dumpster of programs about claptrap beliefs just to garner ratings and revenue.

Hate to say so, but it is becoming more true every day. I think there have been at least a dozen on Nostradamus and the Da Vinci code. And this used to be one of the best channels on cable.

Is this what drove you to Pastor Melissa Scott, on TV, Terry? I kind of remember old Gene Scott going off on pyramid measurements years ago - back in his day.

• moshe
    moshe

I thought it was just me who thought the history channel has turned into a junk channel. The SyFy is also full of unimaginative junk now- like hours of ghost hunter shows- might as well be show us an hour of snipe hunters running around in the woods with a gunny sack- here snipe, here snipe.

Yes, Terry, the JW's own their members and all those faders, too, are still under the elder's thumb.

• JWoods
    JWoods

National Geographic and Science Channel have a few decent programs still, but that Infrared Vision Ghost Hunter stuff is all over - even on Travel Channel.

NatGeo had an hour last night debunking the crop circles and it was actually pretty good.

• Terry
    Terry
    Is this what drove you to Pastor Melissa Scott, on TV, Terry? I kind of remember old Gene Scott going off on pyramid measurements years ago - back in his day.

Yeah, Gene Scott use to sit and read out of Immanuel Velikovsky, Holy Blood/Holy Grail and delve into the Pyramids! He had to entertain and fill out those hours and hours of raking in the gold somehow.

But, Melissa Scott is DIFFERENT, doggone it!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    But, Melissa Scott is DIFFERENT, doggone it!

Well, at least she is not a cute scientologist e-meter auditing chick.

I think I will be saving my money for sports cars instead of religious advancement in either case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit