I think I've reached that point in life where I hate my job and will always hate my job

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I'm not struggling with house payments or car payments or debt.

Same here. Financially I'm "comfortable". I don't worry about paying my bills and I make enough to save money for emergencies or when I want to splurge and do something fun.

• dinah
    dinah

Sometimes I wonder if I'm turning into Al Bundy from the show Married with Children

Mr. Dinah and I often refer to each other as Al and Peg. Except I love to cook and he doesn't sell shoes.

I think most jobs ask for more and more while giving you less and less. Just my opinion. Be glad you have one, I think.

• LucyA
    LucyA

I hated my job so I quit only 19 more days to go!!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi ELse!

Haven't been around here much lately. Sorry to hear that your job is not very fulfilling.

I feel like that sometimes -- like my job is just to pay the bills. The difference for me is I do work with a nice, friendly bunch and

they make it more tolerable. Maybe you can be transferred to another department where you will feel the job description will be more rewarding.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Chelbie certainly has a point about the people you work with. It can make all the difference. I love my job, but it's becoming less and less viable. The things of most value in this country are at the bottom of the list. Education, arts, social programs, etc, etc. Those things that make us a civilization, are being pushed out so that heartless greed can take over.

Sorry, I guess your thread has touched my own career issues raw nerve.

• garyneal
    garyneal

While I don't hate my job, I can understand how you feel. Personally, I am at the point to where I just go to work, do what is required (and no more), get paid, go home, and feed my family. I think, right now, my daughter is the highlight of my life. Even my wife and I don't get much joy from spending time together anymore.

Anyway, sounds like we both need to shake things up in our lives.

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I am currently an underperfomer (thats wat the reveiew said)...I hate my job and am looking out now.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i was the same, working in a cubicle, having 5 people as your supervisors.

coming home so stressed out it would literally take 2 hours to wind down.

luckily, it took getting laid off on a very important day in my family's life to wake me up!

I now own my own business

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you have a pm

• yknot
    yknot

Just my two cents......

You need to diversify yourself.

A girlfriend might be a good idea if you are really in an emotional position to share your life with another.......

Or perhaps it is time to seek out hobbies that you enjoy and plan on pursuing full-time upon retirement.....

My parents always said your job is what you do for a wage, it isn't who you are and you should never allow it to become the sole focus of your life....rather it is a means to an end in paying for the things in life you enjoy.

Since you don't feel any challenges at work.......create some to get your creative juices flowing again or maybe consider sharing your knowledge and experience in the form of workshops where children can learn about your trade (or some other give-back activity)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit