I think I've reached that point in life where I hate my job and will always hate my job

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Maybe you need a GF.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> My hubby says he could have written that! He hates his job and feels like his soul has been sucked out too.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm turning into Al Bundy from the show Married with Children.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Maybe you need a GF.

Yeah... I've tried dating a bit but it seems like all the good ones are taken and all that’s left are the flaky chicks who like to see how much crap I'll put up with. I have a very low "crap tolerance" so I end up giving up on them in short order.

• undercover
    undercover

Hey, else... you had some bad news in your family awhile back, if I remember correctly.

Maybe that has something to do with your overall outlook.

I can relate...I've been there. Pressure from other areas of life can affect your satisfaction or happiness in other areas.

Sending mojo your way... good luck...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Hey, else... you had some bad news in your family awhile back, if I remember correctly.

Yes. My dad is dying of cancer... but surprisingly I'm handling that quite well. My family already "died" about 12 years ago when I disassociated, so I have already gotten over that.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    I do wonder if I'm not just depressed right now and my hating my job is just a symptom and not the underlying problem.

That was my thought... but, not knowing you well, I gots nothin' else.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's the thought that counts.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I love you if that matters .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh my!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I feel your pain, Else. I feel exactly the same way.

However, money stress is the worse stress... for me. I will keep my job and be grateful for it. There are many people who would kill to have the kind of job that I have. I'm not struggling with house payments or car payments or debt. What helps me keep some semblance of sanity is I am working on another project on the side but it's going to take time and a lot of work, but if it pays off (and it is a big maybe) then I can move on and do work that I find meaningful.

Another thing I have found helpful is planned trips/adventures. They don't have to be expensive, but something to break the humdrum routine and keep life interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit