Did You "Linger" On As Witness Hoping That All The Pieces Would Fit?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

Excellent topic and thread!

HQ

• sacolton
  • Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"I could not ignore this and I knew it was all bullshit and they were playing everybody."

Yes, I used to give them all the benefit of the doubt I could. But I realized that they were playing us for fools when they had the nerve to have us do a book study lesson on the evils of the UN at the exact same time the Internet was alive with the news about their UN NGO membership. I thought to myself, they were so openly and arrogantly playing us all for fools.

HQ

• dissed
    dissed

Minimus -"Think about how many people remain in the Organization, REALLY not believing! I bet the numbers would disturb the GB greatly!"

After reading so many people's experiences here, I would agree. How many here said JC memebers agreed with them but were waiting on JG? Thr list is endless. My nephew who left recently mentioned all his friends don't believe it all and only are hanging around because of family.

And one more thing.....When at Bethel, Elders would tell me they had doubts, but were waiting for changes.

I feel it is only the few that are trully mindless Zombies saying "I believe it all!" As tears of joy stream down their faces.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes I did, the biggest regret of my life.

Anyone in that position reading this post- don't waste any more of your life thinking the pieces will eventually fit together, they won't.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Yeah, i kept hoping that one day i'd somehow "get it" and become an in-the-in-crowd super-JW. You know, the kind that they interview at conventions to make everyone else feel like shit.

I never was a big doctrine guy, so it wasn't "teaching" pieces that kept me hanging around after things started to smell funny, although that certainly was part of it. What I really, really wanted was to land one of those countless young-and-beautifuls that you see at the conventions. Yep that's what kept me lingering on, lol.

f-poo (formerly DanTheMan)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had other reasons, like trying to be a bright spot in selected people's lives (and I would not extend this indiscriminately). The hounders kept busting that up, and eventually managed to get it down to all just plain men. At which point, I saw no further reason to linger--so I quit going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit