Did You "Linger" On As Witness Hoping That All The Pieces Would Fit?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

I had some other reasons for lingering on. I lived close to the worldheadquarters. Visited there many, many time. Shared food and drink with some of the members of the Governing Body, ate with the brothers in their rooms and at the Bethel table.

Hosted many Circuit Overseers at the Pioneer Schools. Had private conversations with a few of the GB's etc. and so, along with the higher ups, I was assured that it will all wok out in due time.

33 years is a long due time, don't you think?

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

When you're in the thick of things, it's easy to become enmeshed into the whole thing.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    And you still have connections fairly high up in the organization, JWoods, based on some of the things you post.

Not really any more - my posts about Bethel and GB events go back to the early 1980s...don't hear much nowadays except this board. Both the Dunlap brothers are gone now, and most all the insiders of that era are also gone.

• minimus
    minimus

The rumor was that Dunlap was starting his own religion. id you ever hear that one?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes! That's exactly what I've done.

• minimus
    minimus

You started your own religion??

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hang on I read your thread title wrong in a hurry! I thought it said: "Did You 'Linger' On As Witness Hoping That It Would All Fall To Pieces?"

Ever since I realised it wasn't the truth I have sort of half expected the Witnesses to implode at some point as others realised the same thing. But it never happened and seems more unlikely the more perspective I get.

Hey min that would be a good question for another thread.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The rumor was that Dunlap was starting his own religion. id you ever hear that one?

Yes, of course. It was all panic JW rumor - neither of the Dunlaps ever did anything like that. They just kept in touch with family and friends as private bible students around Oklahoma City until the end of their lives. BTW - Marion's wife Edith did not ever leave the "truth." He stayed with her and kept a civil marriage until she died a few years before him. Ed's wife Betty also left the witnesses, she is still alive and in a home for the elderly in NE Oklahoma City. I still talk once in a while with a few of the remaining family.

• minimus
    minimus

Why didn't they go after Franz' wife, any idea??

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There is little evidence in CofC that Cynthia actually ever stopped believing in the Witnesses. Ray is conspicuously silent on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit