Did You "Linger" On As Witness Hoping That All The Pieces Would Fit?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Blueblades/Mall Cop said in a post that he was "lingering" on as a JW for decades hoping to understand things about the "Truth" that were still unexplainable. (My words, paraphrasing).

I did the same thing for probably a decade, either hoping things in the Organization might change or I might finally "get it", regarding some teaching or viewpoint that just seemed to make no sense.

Did you hang on to the "Truth" much longer than you should have?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I also hung on for a decade. I should have left over the 1995 doctrinal change in "generation" but hoped to figure it all out or have WTS come around to explaining things better. A decade later, I was done hoping.

• minimus
    minimus

Think about how many people remain in the Organization, REALLY not believing! I bet the numbers would disturb the GB greatly!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No.

Early on, I purchased and read Don Cameron's book, 'Captives of a Concept'.

Once I realized that the 1919 claim is demonstrably untrue, then I KNEW that WT wasn't God's Organization. I promptly exited and let the chips fall where they wanted to.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Honestly, that's exactly what I am going through at the moment

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you don`t believe WBT$ Bullshit..

Your asked to simply go along with it..

I was never able to do that..

Bullshit is Bullshit..

No matter how long you wait for it,to change into something else..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

I held on for about 2 years during the Ray Franz era. I had insider knowledge of the crises from Ed and Marion Dunlap. I think we all had the false notion that a reform could occur and improve conditions in the organization.

What the GB ended up doing pretty much cleared that up for us.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Close to ten years after I started having doubts. Instead of those doubts being alleviated, they simply grew, and were joined by others.

• minimus
    minimus

I read CoC and Freedom books by Franz and still, for years, I couldn't 100% accept the reality. Eventually, what really got to me was how judgmental elders HAD to be to conform to the Organization's rules.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

And you still have connections fairly high up in the organization, JWoods, based on some of the things you post. I find it heartening that some who are still IN are willing and able to supply you with letters and other inside information. Thank them from all of us if you get the chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit