Going to California Driving From Connecticut

by frankiespeakin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I hope to cross the US starting from between latter tonight or within a few days it all depends on how I feel and what the weather is like.

I plan on taking 95 south to 40 west for most of the journey I usually drive all night and stop around night time the next day 24 hours or more. I then will go to sleep and finish the journey usually the next day. I actually have done this several times in the past, just hoping for good weather.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope you have a safe, peaceful trip.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I drove 40 west from Oaklahoma to California last April. It's a long drive but I enjoyed it. Hope you have a safe trip.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thanks for your well wishes, I always enjoyed the ride especially alone give me time to think and listen to music.

My 10 month stay with my sister has brought to life many faded memories and some family connections. But the sun and my xwife is calling me back to California for how long I don't know. One of the difficulties of having family at both east and west ends of the continent.

• dissed
    dissed

If you plan on sleeping in your car at night, it gets awful cold along I 40 in early March.

When you come by Flagstaff, Arizona (20 - 25 F low), wave to us as you come by. We live very close to the interstate.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dissed,

I will I used to have a step daughter that worked the reservation in Tuba 20 years ago. Yeah it gets cold in flagstaff.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Frankie - don't forget to "RELAX"

• awildflower
    awildflower

I plan on taking the same route in June, to California from Oklahoma. I love road trips!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm right on I 70 in mid mo if you get this way!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I don't have my route written in stone but maybe 84, 81 to 40 or 95 to 40 I'm still up in the air as to best route might start 3 am or around then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit