Apparently I've out-ed an old friend THE SH**T HIT THE FAN!!

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Thanks, all for the moral support.

I think the non-confront is what is bothersome to me.

When you hear things indirectly it is always the worst.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

And also he knew the consequences of associating with you Mr Apostate. He enjoyed your company even though that could cost him his position in the borg. And now just like Adam, he hiding blaming his "bitch"...

My "friend' who was dfd from bethel in mexico came with me to the States when I was dfd too. We were friends for 20 years. Last year he returned to the Borg and I was planning to do the same until I opened my eyes. When I found out the truth I immediately contacted him to break the news about the borg and the bible.... when he realized where I was. he turned his back and asked me to never contact him again... he was like my brother. I missed having a brother and it hurt me losing him to the WT.

Hope you feel better.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Terry

I would chalk this up as one of those "not to be repeated in a hurry episodes"!

The most important thing is that you learn from the experience and apply them in how you deal with issues in the future.

MTTM

• shamus100
    shamus100

I honestly never expected anybody to read those posts because of the curse on Apostate websites. But, that was a bit naive, I suppose.

I have met two people from my former congregation here, and some other acquaintances.

If anyone doubts that active jw's don't lurk here, THINK AGAIN. That's why my picture will NEVER be shown here, and the few people that I have met I've told them specifically to never post my picture on the net.

Hell, I only use my real name in PM's to about two people here. I'd never use anyone's real name here, and I suggest anyone just pming someone back never do it without thinking of the consequences. Remember, it's up to you to protect your privacy and nobody else.

• Terry
    Terry
    Hope you feel better

I'm trying to get there.

I guess I just wanted Johnny to "own up" to what he really thinks.

I'm thinking of a quote that has always meant something to me.

"All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

I want Johnny to stand up and say what he really thinks and give the reasons for it.

The idea that he would expect me to have integrity in my life while he tucks tail is too much for me to bear.

I suppose I've always ADMIRED the guy!

Now I ask myself, "why?" Why did I?

How delusional do I continue to be?

I think I've actual fantasized (self-inflicted mind game) Johnny some day coming to his senses and speaking out about the wrongs he sees.

But, once again--it is clear to me he is LYING to himself and has no core untouched by Watchtower rot.

Ever been stung by a dead bee?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Terry,

I have one friend who hates the botchtower too. I'd never post his name or experience up here in a million years.

Everyone screws up, Terry. Live and learn is all you can do.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If he doesnt stand up for what he believes, maybe he doesnt really believe it. or the WT still owns his mind.

• Mary
    Mary
    I just re-read it awhile ago and it is really loaded with too many personal details about him and his family to NOT be able to identify him.

Maybe you could ask Randy to delete it?? I understand that you might be bitter, but imagine if you were still an active Dub who found alot of personal things about you and your family on an 'apostate' website that caused you alot of trouble. He might have alot of doubts but he still apparently believes enough of their shit to keep on attending.

Why do I love this guy? Why should I care if he is angry with me?

Because you're human and even though the religion sucks dead rocks, it can still screw with our emotions. I found out the other day that my Dub sister told my brother that she thinks I'm an 'apostate'. For some reason, it really hurt to hear that coming from her. I suppose it's because in the Witness world, being called an apostate is worse than being called a pedophile. There is nothing worse you can be called and it just really caught me off-guard. The strange thing is, my sister has never believed that Jesus returned in 1914, or that Armageddon is coming in our life time. I told her once that if she ever admitted that to the elders, she'd probably be DF'd for apostasy herself. And she didn't like that.

There's alot of Witnesses like your friend and my sister who have alot of doubts, but they still want to be JW's. By publically exposing his doubts on an internet site without his permission, he may be facing a 3 man kangaroo court himself.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Loose lips sink ships! Remind me never to tell you that I'm a Muslim Communist Berserker Vegan.

Saint Martin the Discreet

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

awww Terry. At least your experience is a reminder to the rest of us to be discreet in these situations. I do think that sending a condolence card followed by a brief letter would be appropriate. You still have many years of friendship that should (I believe) be honored. You can never go wrong by doing the right thing, even if there's no response or acknowledgment from him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit