Apparently I've out-ed an old friend THE SH**T HIT THE FAN!!

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Terry, don't feel too badly. This religion causes heartbreaking divisions between family members and friends. It is truly sickening.

You went through life-changing sacrificial events (prison) for your faith. When you discovered the truth about this sham of a religion, you probably went through yet more traumatic changes. When you lose this religion, you also generally lose family and friends. More emotional trauma!

If you used this discussion board to reach out for support and help and in the interim, revealed more than you should have about conversations with a JW friend, how can you be blamed?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    He infuriates you when you talk to him because he is so morally superior sounding. He never yields an inch and never remembers the previous conversation you had. He has a Recycle Bin in his head and he simply "deletes" after talking to you.

I know who he is. He's my father.

• Terry
    Terry

Imagine living in a free country and having to skulk about like a criminal!

You aren't allowed to choose your own friends. If you speak your mind you have to deny what you really feel.

This is a Christian denomination??

It sounds like it might be a-----OH NO! An evil CULT!

Why, after all these years of being on the "outs" do I even care one teeny little bit that this guy (Johnny Santa Cruz---THERE it is all out in the open anyway) has to face up to what he really said and really thinks and chooses to LIE about it?

Why do I love this guy? Why should I care if he is angry with me?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He infuriates you when you talk to him because he is so morally superior sounding.

He never yields an inch and never remembers the previous conversation you had.

He has a Recycle Bin in his head and he simply "deletes" after talking to you.

I can't help but suspect ABOUT MYSELF that I'm bitter that he has always known how to maintain

his good relationship with all the friends I grew up with while doing his thing surreptitiously.

I'm the one who went to prison for my faith. I was tested. He never has been.

I just re-read it awhile ago and it is really loaded with too many personal details about him and his family to NOT be able to identify him.

So, subconsciously I definitely think I was ambivalent about protecting him.

Terry..

You don`t like the guy..

He plays the Game..You go to Prison..

Ambivalent:"Simultaneous attraction toward and repulsion from a person,object or action"..

Like it or not..You did`nt care about protecting him..

If he got caught from the clues you left..

So What?..You don`t like him..

So..

You nailed his ass to the wall in a manner that suited you..

LOL!!..

Did you do the right thing?..

I have no idea..It`s your life..

The fact remains..You left enough clues to mess with his life..

Now your facing the consequences,of your own actions..

Was what you did,worth it?..

It`s pointless to Wack a Hornets Nest and then Complain about being Stung..

You took somebody you did`nt like..

Down a few notches..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

JWS typically build a self righteous wall of purity around themselves, when you crack a hole in that wall

for people to see through they are quick with reprisals against that person.

Keeping a sanctimonious white sheet over themselves is dutifully important to them, both in and outside of the Kingdom Hall.

Quite frankly Terry I think you deserve a pat on the back.

• Terry
    Terry

The fact remains..You left enough clues to mess with his life..

Now your facing the consequences,of your own actions..

Was what you did,worth it?..

It`s pointless to Wack a Hornets Nest and then Complain about being Stung..

You took somebody you did`nt like..

Down a few notches..

I suppose you are right.

I can't have it both ways.

Ambivalence is moral cowardice.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if he had had to fend off some congregation lurker reporting him and managed to repair any damage you can at least have the satisfaction in knowing hes prolly totally screwed now.

• Quentin
    Quentin

YOU...DID...NOTHING...WRONG...

Johnny is what he is and will be what he is, always...you are the one who changed...not him... do you love the guy? Yes...me too, but he is what he is and "we" cannot save him, or any of the others we knew so long ago...that life is gone...

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Wow..major faux pas. Is that your real picture in your avatar too? And you used his real name? I mean it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Ive made those kinds of mistakes too. There just is no unringing that bell.

Of course he denied what you said! Even if it was true. If admitting it or even hinting that it was true would get him DFd of course he would deny it and in turn...kick your ass out of his life. It sucks.

Im thinking even if he leaves the borg, he will continue to resent you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I suppose you are right.
    I can't have it both ways.
    Ambivalence is moral cowardice.

You`ve been to jail for what you thought was right..

Your truthful about what happens in your life..

I`d rather have one guy like you,on my side..

Than a dozen of,"Mr.Knows how to play the WBT$ Game"..

Someone like that..

Will always Fold,like a Cheap Umbrella in a Rainstorm..

When times get tuff..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit