Apparently I've out-ed an old friend THE SH**T HIT THE FAN!!

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

It can happen, though unlikely.

Someone here, I've recognized who is still in and wants to keep it secret. I won't even PM the person (although I would love to) so as not to rock their world.

Caution: Don't share personal stories with too many details if you don't want to be found out.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Ex BIL?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

What is so mind boggling is that someone who is "happy" in the truth can be so rattled by maybe being referred to on a site that no 'good' witness would visit.

I mean, this is just people typing; this is alter egos in a digital pretend place. No one dropped a dime on this guy; they just read the digital version of the slam book we had in junior high, and gossiped about it.

But your friend's world is *so small* that he is threatened by it, and can't just say mind your own business to the dubs that ring him up about it??

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

He infuriates you when you talk to him because he is so morally superior sounding. He never yields an inch and never remembers the previous conversation you had. He has a Recycle Bin in his head and he simply "deletes" after talking to you.

The person you refer to resembles those that I have met in the organization that believe that they have achieved some spiritual insight that makes them unique within the spiritual fold. The heirarchy is in place and people with higher intelligence have to yeild to inferior thinkers. You are punished for even trying to suggest that you might be smarter.

The organization does not cater to intelligent people nor do they try to dominate them. It's an issue of loyalty or obedience. The underlying issue is that they call the shots whether you like it or not. Anyone wanting to use their God-given minds will be ostracized because God gave them the authority and not you. Is it any wonder that so many within the fold would find themselves wanting and seek those that would give them some reprieve from a self-appointed, incompetent, leadership. They know how to manufacture scriptures that support their cause while ignoring those that expose them as a false religion.

Your friend has been living a lie just as I was for so many years.

The fact that he chooses to lie to inferiors doesn't change anything. That's what a hostage does to survive. I suspect that his conversations with you gave him some liberation for a moment, intellectually and spiritually.

You have a history with him and know him: I don't. The only thing that I can share with you is that I know witnesses that left the organization for legitimate reasons and still came back. They were never treated like lost sheep; it was a matter of coming to your senses.

The organization does no wrong and you are not allowed to contemplate that. According to the scriptures, Jesus set a higher standard. The organization doesn't have to and yet they claim to respect his leadership.

The end of it all is I know people like him (many are elders). The only thing that I can say is that there is truth and honesty and there are witnesses (elders) that choose to live a lie. Lying becomes a way of life for those that profess to have the 'truth'.

• Terry
    Terry

I also think my "friend" can be a BIG FISH in a small pond at the Kingdom Hall.

He has spent his life impressing people of lesser intellect and he likes the feeling of superiority.

His modus operandi is irrepressible intimidation.

He knows more than the average guy and when confronted by a pipsqueek elder he'll demonstrate it.

If you know a fact he know the fact behind the fact. That sort of thing.

Machievelli said, "A great leader would rather be feared than loved." I think it is the fear factor that works for him.

He once told me when we were about 17 years old that the reason he and I had conflicts (arguments in which I did not agree with him) was because we were both "leaders". That is how he sees himself.

He has done the leading allright. None of his 5 kids has avoided disfellowshipping.

His sisters do not admire his personality or methodology since he tends to moralize and run roughshod over problems.

We all have our faults. Don't get me wrong. But, if we own them we remain honest.

Using one's skills at manipulation to turn it around on somebody else isn't healthy.

Funny how a religion that uses manipulation can bring out the worst in an otherwise fine person.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob
    I also think my "friend" can be a BIG FISH in a small pond at the Kingdom Hall.
    He has spent his life impressing people of lesser intellect and he likes the feeling of superiority.
    His modus operandi is irrepressible intimidation.
    He knows more than the average guy and when confronted by a pipsqueek elder he'll demonstrate it.
    If you know a fact he know the fact behind the fact. That sort of thing.

I have a aquaintance like that. The problem is he knows the facts and facts behind the facts but doesn't understand any of them them. He thinks he is clever and to others, appears to look clever, but he's not, he just dangerous to those around him. I could trip him up every time he opens his mouth, but there no point, he will hang himself and has done on numerous times.

He has done the leading allright. None of his 5 kids has avoided disfellowshipping.
    His sisters do not admire his personality or methodology since he tends to moralize and run roughshod over problems.

Terry, I know you are angry but it time to stop. If you are truely trying to alienate yourself from his entire family keep going but I don't think that is the case. How do you think his sisters will feel if they knew you were talking about them on here?

Let go of the anger and walk away. Its hard but you can do it.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I know you are angry but it time to stop. If you are truely trying to alienate yourself from his entire family keep going but I don't think that is the case. How do you think his sisters will feel if they knew you were talking about them on here?

Let go of the anger and walk away. Its hard but you can do it.

Now that his mom and dad have died nobody else in his family even goes to the Kingdom Hall, they haven't for many years. Everybody keeps their distance. Their lives were ruined one way or the other by association with this religion. His one-trick-pony life more or less works only for him and nobody else.

I don't have a relationship with any of them. It is frosty politeness. It is all an echo of a past which itself was an illusion.

I wouldn't call what I feel "anger". It is eternal disgust and recrimination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit