Passes for Ground Zero

by Patriot 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

Starting tomorrow the only way to have access to the viewing platforms that were built in order to let visitors have a "closer" look at the ruins at GZ is by obtaining a "pass" being handed out every day early in the morning.

This to accomadate the large crowds and demands to view the ruins.

If you dont get a pass to be able to go up the 13ft.platform which can accomadate about 400 people at a time, then you have to view the ruins from the perimeter established.

I wanted to post this info. in order to keep showing everyone that the WT boasts of having Jws walking "around the debris" talking to others about the "truth" is a LIE.

As you can see the CLOSEST that you can get is ONLY through one of the viewing platforms-and now only with a pass.

And no Freddy, I'm not talking about standing next to the bank and streching out your neck as far up as you can.

Mav.-

• LDH
    LDH

Thanks Mav. I did hear about this on the news, that they were creating some sort of viewing platform.

My first thought was, why would anyone want to see that terrible sight? But I guess some people need to in order to further their healing. Kind of like seeing a bad auto wreck and being grateful you weren't in it.

I knew there weren't any JW at 'ground zero'--but I also knew they would be circling the perimeter like hawks looking for a fresh kill.

Thanks,
    Lisa

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

ahhh you antis twist half truths around..

jw's did provide comfort at ground zero early on..
    if your gonna spread this crap..get your facts straight

• LB
    LB

nytelecom1 we did hear about the society's bragging about the comfort they gave AT ground zero. They handed out brochures while pastors of christedom only gave out towels and water.

But they didn't GET to ground zero, even though it was claimed they did. So watch your half truths.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Will Power
    Will Power

I have a hard time believing there would have been any help during "the crisis" of 9/11
    During last years assembly (I didn't go) there was a horrific thunderstorm. it was one of the best displays I'd ever heard.
    I remember thinking about how scared everyone must be inside that tin roof arena with no windows listening to all the thunder.
    Sure enough, Sunday night I got the lowdown.
    couldn't help but smile.
    If you trained your whole life for the likes of 9/11 odds are more likely that you'd be lockin' up and pulling the shades not wanting to be looking at what you had pictured would be happening. Pictures you had to view over & over from magazines you'd help promote.
    Sorry, I don't know what really went on, but I do believe in freedom of the press and if anything outstanding had been going on I'm sure we would have heard from a neutral source. Every spin-off possible was in the news.
    Not everyone "works" for satan!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

nice try garth brooks...check yourself again.

now tell me the differ between getting at
    ground zero and to ground zero..

if you are talking about the area where the genral public
    wasnt allowed................they were there

• detective
    detective

Well, aside from the fact that you can't prove what you are saying Nytele, there is every reason to believe that they were NOT there. Have you any photographic evidence- or any evidence for that matter, to support your claims?

On a side note, if some reason they actually were there, they either had their sleeves rolled up and were doing the recovery work or they were a nuisance or hindrance to that process.

So, either support your claims Nytele or accept that you can't and move on.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

of course i can prove it..i know a brother who was there

• Simon
    Simon

If there were any photographic evidence you can be damn sure that it would have been in the WT. The fact that it wasn't proves theat there isn't any as far as I'm concerned.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

NY. Was he there, actually helping, or giving out tracts? Was he functional rather than spiritual? (giving out water, or food) If so, then good for him. If not, then he wasn't helping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit