Borg court: 2nd session

by sd-7 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I don't have much to add but wanted to post to say thanks for sharing this with us.

You may like to check the fifth post in this thead if you want to ruin their day:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/18983/1/Re-Mad-Apostates-form-letter

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Again they returned to threats, "Do you want to be disfellowshipped?""

Did they share a scripture about that? I don't remember Jesus using threats. Let's see, who would use the threat of throwing people out if they didn't agree with the leaders?

(John 9:24-34) 24 Therefore a second time they called the man that had been blind and said to him: “Give glory to God; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 In turn he answered: “Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, I see at present.” 26 Therefore they said to him: “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?” 27 He answered them: “I told YOU already, and yet YOU did not listen. Why do YOU want to hear it again? YOU do not want to become his disciples also, do YOU?” 28 At this they reviled him and said: “You are a disciple of that [man], but we are disciples of Moses. 29 We know that God has spoken to Moses; but as for this [man], we do not know where he is from.” 30 In answer the man said to them: “This certainly is a marvel, that YOU do not know where he is from, and yet he opened my eyes. 31 We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is God-fearing and does his will, he listens to this one. 32 From of old it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of one born blind. 33 If this [man] were not from God, he could do nothing at all.” 34 In answer they said to him: “You were altogether born in sins, and yet are you teaching us?” And they threw him out!

And about this comment:

"The thing that was particularly disgusting was to hear one of the elders say, dismissing the chronological errors, "I could care less about 1914!" "

The comment makes sense if he has looked an ANY non-JW publication and realized that Jerusalem was NOT destroyed in 607BCE. Maybe HE is the apostate... the "1914-non-carer"!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    "The thing that was particularly disgusting was to hear one of the elders say, dismissing the chronological errors, "I could care less about 1914!"

No, not now of course; but how about in 1972? I am sure it was quite precious to him then.

Maybe you can ask him to say that from stage?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my JW wife and I had plenty of pre-marital sex. she has not fessed to daEldas............. I feel for you, I hope I don't have to go through that kangaroo court.

that is why I am praying that all the young ones leave to the point that this cult self-destructs.

peace

• doublelife
    doublelife

I don't have much to add either but thanks for sharing your experience and I'm sorry your going through this.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the update and I hope all goes well with the next round. I too was threatened with being disfellowshipped by a corrupt elder (p/o) who is still serving. I wrote a letter to the Australian bethel highlighting the divisions between the body of elders and misuse of power. When he found out, I got summonsed to his house for a fire side chat. I wasn’t even a ms or elder at that stage, so this elder made it clear that because of sending that letter, spiritual advancement would be difficult for me now and that unless I recanted some statements regarding his own actions, he would disfellowshipp me!

I should have left the borg there and then......

All the best, Mattieu...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Christopher, I wonder if they are dragging their feet on df'ing you, because they're considering "keeping their friends close, and their enemies closer". I'm quite certain that your education and intellect is quite scary to them.

As always, reading your writing is entertaining and informative. I consider myself lucky to be your friend.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Christopher: Thank you for sharing that traumatic experience; don't worry about your cathartic ranting. You explicated the logical fallacies inherent in the whole faithful and discreet slave problem incredibly well and absolutedly nailed the problem--If you can't identify who's annointed, then neither can they and if you ignore analyzing the evidence, ALL the evidence, then you're no different from someone who runs after Sun Myung Moon or the leader of the Mormon Church. Please keep us informed--you're obviously incredibly bright and articulate, and I hope you can pursue an education (if you haven't already) or whatever it is you were meant to do with your one shining life, post-cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for updating us. Staying silent and fading is not for everyone. It takes guts to stand up for your firm thoughts on the "anointed" and on the organization flaws. Good going.

• JRK
    JRK

This line might help you, as I used it with my elders. "I am not apostate, but I view the Watchtower as an apostate organization," as proven by its UN affiliation.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit