Borg court: 2nd session

by sd-7 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Why not ask your wife if she'd like to attend with you

She might learn more about the org. at this next session than you can ever teach her by yourself

If they tell her to leave you both should be emphatic and insist she be there - you are one flesh...let no man...etc.

The discussion you guys will be having is sure going to affect your familie's life and she should be and has a right to be present

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, gentlemen, ladies, it's over. Verdict is in. Will post on it shortly.

--Christopher

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hope you're ok...

• sabastious
    sabastious

That read was warming to my heart. I always have a nagging feeling that I will end up in Borg Court as well, and that account seems to go in line with what I think I would have done.

I wish I could sit down with you and offer my personal support on the matter, it hits so very close to home for me. You are an extremely intellegent man, it is a blessing and a curse if you happened to have been born into a cult like this one :(

I wish you ALL the best in everything you do.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Chris,

Is your wife 'strong'? What kind of Witness is she? Just curious.

• sd-7
    sd-7

She's never really been all that 'strong', or else this wouldn't have happened. She was raised 'around' this propaganda, and got baptized, but then got DF'd less than 2 years later, spent 3 years outside, then another year and some change reinstated, and is now again on private reproof. By JW standards, she doesn't have any good sense and is always on the fringes. But she's still loyal to them to a fault because she's constantly dependent on others to take care of her. They have done a lot of that for her, and probably she feels indebted to them for that reason and buys into the notion of a 'loving brotherhood'.

Hope that helps.

--Christopher

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

As a person she is one who I tend to feel most sorry for. She is similar to my wife (although my wife was never dfed). The shallow thinking JW who is always on the fringe is the one who ends up hating themself and feeling most guilty for not doing enough. Very sad, and I am sorry for what you are going through. In no way do I mean this to minimize or justify her betrayal of you to the elders though. I am a firm believer in loyalty to your friends and family. I am going to assume that if you were to try to discuss with her exactl how and why the GB is God's chosen channel the discussion would go right over her head?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Absolutely, isaac. She didn't even know that the "slave was appointed in 1919". If you don't know that, the rest is going to be completely out of your league. It's strange to follow and obey this group of people without having any knowledge at all of where they came from, who they are. How can you defend somebody's character that you don't know the first thing about? How can you defend a doctrine that you are ignorant of in the first place? Hence why she called in the cavalry, who, while they were more knowledgeable, were still not better equipped to defend the slave.

Pointing to good fruits to justify false doctrine betrays just how pitiful the foundation of the organization is. They don't excuse Christendom for false doctrine even though they've done a heck of a lot more to help the poor and the hungry. But they excuse themselves because of what really amounts to a 'black box' theological concept--the anointed ones.

Besides, her approach and their approach aren't really all that different--the equivalent of a child stomping his/her feet and saying, "It is God's organization! It is, it is, it is!!!"

--Christopher

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

ok well post the new chapter dude! :-)

• Mad Sweeney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit