"It is our Personal Responsibility to Turn In People who are Sinning"

by WalkTall 38 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

pixiesticks -

Don't you love it? "The old bloodguilty, bother your conscience, trick"

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Terry - I made the same connection - In Nazi Germany it was your duty as a citizen to report on your family members and your neighbours. As it was in Communist countries. My grandparents lived through the first one, my parents and myself through the second. When I started to feel that the organization is becoming more and more totalitarian I got this really bad feeling (kind of deja vu) and left.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I just pictured Rolf blowing the whistle on the Von Trapps in Sound of Music. He'd have made a perfect JW!

• dissed
    dissed

Terry - On Elders soon to wear SS like uniformed, leather coats?

A scene in the not too distant future: A publisher meeting with two SS Gestappo Elders, in the dark, behind the KH

"Yes, heir publisher, what do you have to report?"

Publisher now whispering. "He, my father complained of the new yearly theme posted above the stage, "Obedience to the GB is your path to freedom to the New Order"

"Ah heir publisher, That's very interesting indeed. Has he said similar things in the past?"

"Yes, brother Gestappo. He laughed at the Fuhrer GB's new lite on Generation explanation"

"Which generation new light explanation? this is important to us. The one generation passing, the annointed one, the anointed one plus one equals one, or the newest, "The Thousand Year Reign" one?

"I believe all of them Brother Gestappo, except for the first one you mentioned. That made him mad and angry. Oh, and I don't want to forget. He moans and shakes his head everytime he enters the KH and reads the sign above the door." PREACH OR DIE - MAKE YOUR CHOICE!

"Ah heir publisher, you have done well! We will reward you with an extra meeting of passing the mics around."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In the Real World..

Some people will "Stab you in the Back"..

In Watchtower World..

Every Jehovah`s Witness is trained,to "Stab you in the Front"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A non-JW uncle of mine was wondering what was so bad about being a JW? (Because, from his perspective, my parents had found real meaning in their lives since joining the JWs.)

I asked him, "Did you know that they're required to spy on one another?"

This changed his opinion completely. He instinctively knew that this was improper.

Most cults feature confession/spying. With JWs, not spying/reporting can result in the expulsion of the one covering over the transgression. So, it's spying to an extreme degree.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" In Watchtower World..

Every Jehovah`s Witness is trained,to "Stab you in the Front".."

So I guess it would pay to always have on the breastplate of rightousness when dealing with the jws

• White Dove
    White Dove

Frankenweenie,

That is a good one, and it seems true. I've seen first hand the tattling and punishment that go on gestapo style. It affected my family members many times as they would snitch on each other and get them into trouble.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Undercover said "We were led to believe that if one or two people were able to hide their sins then the whole congregation would suffer because Jehovah's spirit would be withheld...." And others have mentioned similar mentality in their congregations...

However, the ancient Isra-EL-ites held the same belief system... "We were conquered by Babylon! We must have SINNED against "YHWH"!!!"

When, in actuality, the REAL explanation was that Babylon had superior military forces, better organization, and leaders who wanted world dominance... The Isra-EL-ite forces just weren't strong or numerous enough...

So, the WTBTS uses that superstitious response of the Isra-EL-ites as an excuse for their own paranoid intrusiveness...

Zid [and why is this 'reply' box different???]

• dissed
    dissed

Whitedove - Only my friends are allowed to use my real name 'Frankenweenie' .....Oh you are my friend!

Dissed - Otherwise known as 'Frankenweenie'. The WTS tore him apart and left him for dead. But with the help of his friends on JWN, he has been put back together, made whole again, and is better than ever.

"Groooowwwwl!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit