"It is our Personal Responsibility to Turn In People who are Sinning"

by WalkTall 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There seems to be one exception. If the "sin" is molesting a child and silencing the victim, there is no snitching lest you get disfellowshipped for "slander". Yet, if you know someone is listening to bad songs, you are obligated to blow them in on that.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

monkeyman mentioned not going to war which sprung a question in my mind.

Since 1980 when blood transfusion remained as the sole organ transplant forbidden by the borg, how many have died for not taking blood as compared to the numbers killed in combat? I would guess war has killed more but the difference may not be as great as one might think at first blush. It hasn't been a particularly bloody three decades compared to the century before 1980.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

SirNose: "Snitches get cut out of social circles."

In my previous congregation, "get-togethers" became extinct as every single one led to back-stabbing accusations of wrongdoing, followed by hard feelings. It turned into cliques. On the occasion of wedding receptions where some of the cliques would be together (yes, some in the same congregation would not be invited to the wedding of kids they've known for decades) it would result in more fuel on the fire and more animosity.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Do they offer ANY scriptural basis for this? I'm curious as it may find its way into some background for my novel.

PS, for those wondering, I'm about to try one more regular publisher. If that doesn't fly I'm going to put it on lulu.com. I expect to have it somewhere by this summer.

• flipper
    flipper

WALKTALL- The truthful thing about it is this : They ARE all nuts ! They are all under the influence of cult mind control. So their minds are not their own

• The Finger
    The Finger

If our motives were to help (Galatians 6:1) Then it would be good.

• ziddina
    ziddina

GOODpoints, Zarco!!!

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Enough said.

• flipper
    flipper

If " it is our personal responsibility to turn in people who are sinning " then I guess we ought to turn in the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses for their high crimes against humanity, i.e. allowing of pedophiles to abuse children , preventing life saving blood transfusions, Malawi massacres, etc. Need I go on ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit