Did they have this part right?

by desib77 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ithink they have that part right, but until I am dead I won't know for certain.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Its like before being born.

When one of my granddaughter's was three, she told me that she used to have lots of horses. I laughed and said, "You did?" she looked at me and said , "I'm serious, before I was me, I was someone else and I had lots of horses."

Either it's true or she had one hell of an imagination for a three yr old that hadn't been around horses.

lisa

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

it's the $65000.00 question.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'll let you know after I'm dead, if I can. So if you don't hear from me, chances are I'm gone but I hope not forgotton.

LD

• Terry
    Terry

Where does the WHITE go when the snow melts?

A person is actually billions of simultaneous processes which we can't begin to comprehend in that way.

It is far easier to think of them as one thing: a person.

We hold on to that simple ONE thing when those processes stop. It is our problem that we can't let go of that simplicity of personhood.

Where does the fire go when the fireplace goes out?

All of our values begin with LIFE.

Without LIFE nothing can have value.

To give up on the idea of LIFE (for others, even in some form, is to give up on all values at once.)

Consequently, we go into DENIAL.

Our mythologies begin where our fear begins.

We fear the loss of the everything for ourselves and others.

Our life and our subsequent values are ALL we have.

Who in their right mind would give up ALL they have?

So, death gets constantly bargained with and definitions are changed. Death cannot be accepted as the finality it implies.

Death becomes a portal to another form of existence.....somewhere....somehow.....

Life is like weather. It is a phenomenon that is and then isn't.

Where does Spring go or Winter?

It is the demand for a SIMPLE thought that limits our acceptance of such elusive ideas.

That's my way of thinking about it.

Your mileage may vary.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The most honest of answers by Theists and Atheists is:

We don't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit