Did they have this part right?

by desib77 25 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

So what do you think happens to someone when they die. I learned of the death of someone yesterday that was never a very good person. I can't help but wonder where he is now... Is he dead "aware of nothing" like the JWs always said? Is he wondering the earth? Is he in heaven? Is he in hell? Is he coming back as a cockroach???

Any thoughts on what happens to people once they die? If I don't believe in demons (not sure if I do or don't) then what explains some of the strange things that happen other than spirits of the departed?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We don't even know one percent of all that there is to know. Not even close to one percent. What happens at death and what causes events that have traditionally been described as supernatural are two of the 99.9999% of the things we don't know.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I sent you a message.

I will say life is amazing, and death is the end of our bodies and it will take some research on your own too explore the various concepts on the here after or even if there is a here after.

Ruth Baker

• desib77
    desib77

Thank you, Ruth... I responded! :)

• superpunk
    superpunk

Dead is dead.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I don't know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nothing is "like the JWs always said." They have changed everything.

If we truly are completely dead without an afterlife at death (I believe so), I still would not say it is "like the JWs always said." They say it for their own reasons and with a doctrine intact that Jehovah can resurrect such people if He chooses to do so. That is not the same.

• desib77
    desib77

What makes you "believe so"?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you die..

If you were good..You go to the Big Pub in the Sky..( Good food,beer,pool tables and Keno!)..

If you were bad..You have to live in a Walmart Washroom..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• pirata

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit