desib77

lol @ Outlaw

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I don't know either.

The Oracle

• cofty
    cofty

I had an anesthetic once, it completely obliterated my consciousness until I woke up again in the hospital ward. I strongly suspect it will not survive the complete destruction of my brain.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Desib-

I don't know what happens when we die. I tend to believe that that is the end of our consciousness. I have seen no tangible evidence to believe otherwise. What we know is that the body decays, so I have to run with that.

what explains some of the strange things that happen other than spirits of the departed?

Delusion? Imagination? Mistake? Wishful thinking? Outright lies?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I once heard a Native American comedian say this. . .

"I can assure all of you white people that ghosts do not exist. If they did, none of you would ever get any rest."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What makes you "believe so"?

I could talk about various books I have read. I could talk about how the Bible has very much been proven false.
    But that would not satisfy most people. We are each on our own spiritual path. And there are plenty of beliefs in an afterlife besides the one in the Bible. You are going to have to prove things to yourself. I will say that I have never met a genuine person in an afterlife. There are only unsubstantiated stories out there. There are scientific/psychological explanations for many of the stories. Others are psychic/fortune-teller scams.

I am pretty confident that there is no life after death, but I reserve the right to say later that I was ignorant.

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

I don't know. No one living knows.
    When you look at what actually makes us alive and capable of thought, it just doesn't seem possible that there is any after-life, particularly one where your conciousness is transfered to another place. But who knows! Maybe all energy in the Universe is reused in a never-ending cycle, maybe there are parallel dimentions, maybe we suddenly find out what everything all means and the purpose for our existance (if one exists). You could speculate wildly forever! But I guess we'll all find out soon enough! And if there is nothing, well we won't know to care.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that, once you die, that's it. You have no chance of a supernatural resurrection from any source, at least not by Jehovah. The whole thing is a scam meant to induce guilt if you do anything that is at all fun.

• leec
    leec

Where do bad folks go when they die?
    They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
    They go to the lake of fire and fry
    Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

• cattails
    cattails

Dead is dead. Its like before being born. Dead isn't alive. Plain and simple. Dead is dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit