DESTROYING the Individual: the goal of Watchtower Authority

by Terry 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower Society has changed over the years.

When I first became associated it was in the late 1950's during Brother Knorr's presidency.

It was laid back and pleasant to be a JW.

There was a push for 10 hours a month and you filled out your stats on a piece of paper and put them in a ballot box for computation.

But, other than that, it was okay.

When the 60's came around they conspiratorily took young brothers into the library and counseled them against taking Alternate Service if drafted.

That was very illegal and they kept it hushed up. But, the message was clear: you DON'T take alternate service.

Well, I know brothers who did. Nothing happened to them except their "privileges" were restricted.

Then, the 70's came along and the mad rush toward 1975 was like a Macy's Day Sale! Pushing and Shoving and turmoil ending in the collapse into silence.

That is when it really turned nasty.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to see you posting again Terry. I have only started looking in again recently so maybe you have been posting for a while. Anyway you mentioned that jws become non-persons then later on you said they have a grandiose sense of self-worth. How does that work? I can remember lots of songs from the KH that were about how great they are can remember how they felt that they were better than all others because they were Jehovah's chosen yet on the other hand I have heard hundreds of xdubs mention the self-loathing and never feeling good enough.

• Terry
    Terry
    Anyway you mentioned that jws become non-persons then later on you said they have a grandiose sense of self-worth. How does that work?

JW's are like hockey fans.

The paint their faces in JW colors and assume the identity of GROUP.

It is a TEAM identity and sense of self is really COLLECTIVE-SELF (which is no self at all.)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"It is a TEAM identity and sense of self is really COLLECTIVE-SELF (which is no self at all.)"

bOrgish

• Terry
    Terry

Fandom is a more accurate word than loyalty when describing the fanaticism of publisher praise of the corporate Mother they embrace.

The Governing Body is Big Brother. You must love him.

Reading a Watchtower description of the worldwide "brotherhood" reads like Orwell.

JW's are encouraged to feel like they have true love among themselves.

What a slap in the face they get should they ever experience actual PERSONAL problems and expect sympathy or aid.

Immediately they are labelled as "spiritually weak" and made to feel something is wrong with them personally.

The HELP you get is being told to snap out of it through prayer and extra field service!

This is always the beginning of doubt. Once you experience the shallowness of the reservoir of "love among themselves" it is easy

to begin questioning everything else.

• fokyc
    fokyc

100% correct - I 'joined' in the 50's, it was as you say 'pleasant to be a JW'

Not so now, it is just a rant of lies.

fokyc

• freydo
    freydo

Unplug the Signal: The Truth Will Not Be Televised (Activist Tools)

"The "Unplug the Signal" symbol can be used to create an awareness of the television's role in restricting information and controlling the masses. Help spread this symbol and it's message......................"
    Nathan Janes
    PUPAGANDA.com

"A flow of information is constantly streaming from the television set; a bombardment of words and pictures. The speed at which this information is communicated makes it easy for the signal to take control, switching the viewer's brain to stand-by as information is absorbed without analysis or question. Today the television's constant signal shapes the conclusions of the masses and produces the collective norm. The signal prescribes what is news and what is truth through the words of so-called experts and authorities, gelding the consciousness and independent thoughts of those subjected to it. Through television, the masses can be made to accept the most monstrous distortions of reality. The signal is a chill wind of continuous oppression over the minds of the masses. It controls the management of society and culture, creating uniformity across all subjects.

The fuel for this vehicle of mass deception is a technique known as perception management where an array of psychological techniques are used to alter the truth, leading the viewer to a desired conclusion. Some call this spin or propaganda while others know it as lying....................."

http://pupaganda.com/originals/Unplug_the_signal.html

• rotciv
    rotciv

Thank you, Terry, for your measurable and transparent analysis on the nature of Watchtowerism. Watchtower, Governing Body, operatives, have a very specific agenda: to deculturalize every rank and file. It is a process of education to destroy a people's holistic culture of belief and life style patterns and replacing it with a new culture. Their culture. As if their culture of belief system could be proven to be superior than everyone elses. Thanks for the Web, that their operations are being downsized, everywhere, in the world, thousands of men, women, and youngsters are leaving these operatives for good, for they know that, they are nothing more than ignorant, arrogant tyrants. I say, that if it is possible for the Shakers to become practicly extinct, then, through the process of transparency and accountability, these oligarchs will one day become extinct, thus inefective.

From Los Angeles,

Victor

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome rotciv!

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Wow, some really good comments here! When it comes to individuality I am proud of the way my nieces and their husbands are raising their children, in spite of the WTBTS's tyranny. The kids are in soccer, music, dance lessons, etc. I am so happy about that!! What is it like generally for children and teenagers anymore in the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit