Does the GB get a salary?

by myownlife 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• myownlife
    myownlife

I was asked this question by a co-worker who is also a former witless....anyone know the answer?

I am also wondering if any salary is paid to the witless worker bees other than room/board?

Thanks!!

• JWoods
    JWoods

You know - I was just about to say they probably just get whatever other Bethelites of their seniority get (plus of course their super-perks) -

BUT - in reality, IS THERE ANY REAL WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE?

• myownlife
    myownlife

Probably not! Secret Society - passwords and secret handshakes.....they probably live high on the hog while the worker bees slave...where does

ALL that money go?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I can tell you for sure that they do live high on the hog compared to other Bethelites - special apartments, special travel arrangements, cars on demand, and so on.

As far as cash in hand, there are probably secret methods from which they get something extra from rich JWs in the system.

• leec
    leec

I have no idea but I'd assume it's more of an expense account / stipend kind of thing.

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, they get so many perks they don't need much of a salary. If you got a free plane trip to the convention city, a car and driver were waiting on you, the hotel was paid for and meals paid for, and ass kissers to pick up any other minor incidentals, don't you think you could make it through the convention weekend without spending much money?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I believe (don't know the facts as facts) that they tell people that they get the same monthly stipend that any Bethelite gets.
    Otherwise, they probably have a small expense account for business/personal stuff that doesn't come out of their stipend.

To tell you the truth, though, they don't really need money. If they are healthy enough to travel, they get the green handshakes and they get somebody to foot the bill for the meals out of their own pocket (or on rare occasions, they simply mark meals as a travel expense on their Bethel Gold Card). They either get a hotel or a free stay somewhere. People pick them up at the airport, no cabfare. It's good to be king.

• spawn
    spawn

Even an idiot wouldn't do this work for nothing. With all the money the Borg make each year someone must be siphoning off some into secret accounts.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

People on the GB are not in it for the money. If they were they would be far better off being TV evangelists. All Bethelites received similar living allowances. They get free food, board, cleaning etc. They also receive a small monthly allowance, a small yearly bonus, and if appropriate a car allowance. The total money received is only a few thousand dollars a year.

However, in some countries such as Australia, Bethelites of retirement age also get the government pension, so older Bethelites were financially comfortable.

• sir82
    sir82

A monetary salary? No, other than a couple hundred per month, as noted above.

But the equivalent of a 6-figure salary? Well, how much would you need to earn to live like this:

-- All meals, free lodging, $0 tax liability

-- Maid service, laundry service, cleaning service, plumbing service, HVAC service, hair care, auto repair, etc. etc. etc.

-- First class travel to literally anywhere in the world at any time, first class hotel accomodations anywhere you go

-- $0 deductible "cadillac" health insurance, auto insurance, liability insurance

Not to mention the slavering adulation of 10's of thousands wherever you go, people lined up for hours just for the privilege of getting their picture taken with you, countless "green handshakes"...

....and probably the most significant perk of all - the ability to control the actions of 7 million people who hang on your every word as if it came directly from the mouth of God himself.

That's POWER. These guys are living the dream of every actual and would-be dictator in the world.

After all that - who cares if you don't make a milion a year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit