Do you miss God?

by wobble 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

If you are one of the posters on here who has got to the point where you do not believe in God to any great extent, do you miss "Him"

in any way ?

I find that I rarely used to ask God for anything, or load Him up with my problems, everybody elses were far more urgent, but I did used to feel moved to praise Him when I saw the beauties of creation, a sunset etc.

I now feel an urge to still do that, but do not believe anyone is listening, do you get moments like that ?

Love

Wobble

• cantleave
    cantleave

I associate the concept of God with the construct of religion, and I don't miss religion at all.

I am, like most people, awed by the natural world, and there is still a small part of me that likes to think there may, possibly, have been a designer. But if that is the case I don't think I have a need to praise or worship that designer. So NO! I don't miss god.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Miss him???????????????

Why?????????????

He spent most of my life threatening to kill me.

Why would I miss that??????????????

• nelly136
    nelly136

no, it wore off with the rest of the dub residue fears along time ago. i do recognise positive and negative energy if i'm paying attention. and nature i think is a higher power of sorts, although it can be harnessed to a degree i dont think it will ever be controlled.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Black Sheep, very good point...LOL.

No, I don't miss God. He was never really around enough for me to miss him. Honestly, I often forget he's suppose to exist.

• alanv
    alanv

I used to pray for help on the field service and on meeting assignments and really believed I was receiving help. I now realize that if you believe something enough you will be able to carry it out by yourself. To this day I reckon I could get up on the platform and give a believable talk even though I don't believe a word of it.

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

I miss God as much as I'd miss having a crazy person follow me my whole life holding a gun to my head.
    Short answer. No way! I could have done the snoopy dance the day the penny dropped and I realised it was all a lie!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Never. Even when I was "in the foxhole".

In fact I find it really freeing and uplifting to learn real coping skills. I have to rely on myself and others to deal with things rather than passing the buck to a smoke monster.

I have to accept the reality of life being unfair with future justice being improbable.

I have to accept the truth about my mortality.

It helps me stay in reality, coping with what is rather than what I wish it to be. Very settling, calming, peaceful, honest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag ever does is destroys any and all opportunity for me to better my life, using circumstances and preventing the opposite sex from ever thinking that there might be something good about me. And He never went anywhere--He did that before I became a witless (greatly increasing my risk of becoming a witless in the first place), He did that while I was a witless (increasing the risk of going through the Value Destroyer Training School and plunging the whole world into the Second Dark Ages), and He continues doing it now that I no longer want to be a witless (greatly increasing the risk of getting recaptured instead of merely disfellowshipped).

What I do miss is having circumstances that that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag didn't fxxx with.

• nelly136
    nelly136

I now realize that if you believe something enough you will be able to carry it out by yourself.

exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit