by hoser 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• awildflower
    awildflower

should I analyze the reasons why

I amnot serving?’

Because your on facebook, duh.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hah! Being an MS was terrible. I can only assume that the elder job is worse!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

should I analyze the reasons why I amnot serving?

Sure ...the reason that I am not serving anymore is that I have a conscience . I cannot stand on a platform and repeat words that are patently untrue. I cannot go house to house with literature that makes God out to be an executioner of those who have a different way of serving him than I do.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Ironically, the congs with the most increase here in the US are the Spanish, yet they have the worst problem when it comes to lack of elders and MS's. Why? So many Mexican bros. are illegal. I learned from a relative a week or 2 ago (an elder in a Spanish cong) that they just got a letter from the branch saying its okay for bros here illegally to now carry the microphone.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

SirNose586: Hah! Being an MS was terrible. I can only assume that the elder job is worse!

I actually didnt mind doing the MS thing. I was busy, but not overly so, and for the most part left alone. Had i remained a MS, I may or may not have found my way to Freeminds and this message board.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The point of this article is NOT to appoint more Ministerial Servants and Elders. It is provide a carrot to get brothers to do more. More service, More Volunteering, More Contributions (In the UK, if you are "reaching out" and a tax payer and do not have Standing Order or do not make contributions by some other traceable means in order for your contributions to qualify for gift aid, you will be asked why not!).

To actually be put forward to the CO for appointment, firey hoops have to be jumped through. Just because there is a need for more elders and MS's doesn't mean the level of sucking up and self sacrifice has been decreased.

• agonus
    agonus

"should I analyze the reasons why I am not serving?"

Um, Watchtower? Should maybe YOU analyze the reasons why they're not serving?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Becoming a JW elder now is like taking a job shoveling coal aboard the "unsinkable" Titanic.

• Think About It
    Think About It

"should I analyze the reasons why I am not serving?"

Um, Watchtower? Should maybe YOU analyze the reasons why they're not serving?

The above was clever.

Think About It

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Brothers Sow to the Spirit and Reach out

Witbosses Sow their Seed but don't give a Reach Around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit