Watchtower May 15,2010 "Brothers Sow to the Spirit and Reach out"

by hoser 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

All religions with an only-male clergy face the same problems.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Can you imagine an elders' meeting if it was a mixed-sex group?

• sir82
    sir82
    ‘If I am not aministerial servant
    or an elder, should I analyze the reasons why
    I amnot serving?’

Yes, let's analyze, shall we?

1) Complete legal liability - mess up on a child abuse or blood transfusion case, and watch the Society's lawyers hang you out to dry!

2) Long hours at thankless busy work jobs, like organizing territorties for "special" campaigns and filling out meeting schedules

3) Constant pressure to "set the example" and "do more": harnaguing by the CO, go out in service on Saturdays, on Sundays, on weekday evenings, arrive at all meetings 20 minutes early and stay 30 minutes after it ends, shepherd once or twice a week, give 3-4 meeting parts / month, etc. etc. etc.

4) Then get criticized for "ignoring" your family

Hi-de-ho, hi-de-he, it's an elder's life for me!

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

One more thing. The WTS is a master of using "weasel" words and phrases, but this quoted excerpt takes the cake.

We therefore urge all baptized males to take a fresh look at their circumstances and ask themselves, ‘If I am not a ministerial servant or an elder, should I analyze the reasons why I am not serving?’

So the Society is "urging" JW males to ask themselves whether they should analyze the reasons they're not serving. Why doesn't the Society urge them to analyze the reasons they're not serving?

The way this is worded, I would say to myself: "Self, should I analyze the reasons why I am not serving? No. End of story."

• blondie
    blondie

There was an article in the KM just a month or two ago. Repetition for emphasis?

• Gayle
    Gayle

We (ex-JWs) therefore urge all (Governing Body) baptized males to take a

fresh look at their circumstances and ask themselves

It's way past due, for the GB to look in the mirror and question themselves. They are too arrogant to think that maybe 'they' are the ones that need to ask themselves about what they could be doing wrong. That they are the ones burdening the people, and not being loving at all.

At least five in our ex-JW Meetup group here in Phoenix were elders in the past. Plenty of ex-elders have reviewed their circumstances and rightfully found the only way is to get all the way out of the organization.

• besty
    besty

I remember during one particularly boring drone of a taxi driver elder warbling on interminably, taking a look at the audience.

It was pretty much a wash - 5 elders and 5 ex-elders. And the annoying thing? The 5 ex-elders were all better/more interesting speakers....we had lost the good ones and were left with the bores and the janitors.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS will guilt some MS's to step up to elder and some Pub's to step up to MS, then eventually elder. Some of these guys will eventually see behind the curtain, head for the exits, and the cycle will be repeated. The WTS is to arrogant to recognize they are the problem and reform.

Think About It

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I never actually understood what it meant to 'reach out'. I knew brothers who did all the things they were asked to do and more, but were passed up for these positions anyway. Sometimes it's up to the ones who are already serving to recognize the qualifications of others.

• minimus
    minimus

Sir, HOW DO YOU DO IT????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit