therefore urge all baptized males to take a

fresh look at their circumstances and ask

themselves, ‘If I am not aministerial servant

or an elder, should I analyze the reasons why

I amnot serving?’ Let God’s spirit help you to

get the right focusonthis vitalmatter.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Wow, maybe I should jump back into the borg! Sounds like they're hiring.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Wetherefore urge all baptized males to take a fresh look at their circumstances and ask themselves, ‘If I am not aministerial servant

or an elder, should I analyze the reasons whyI am not serving?

OK - I will take you up on that!

Here is a fresh look at my circumstances, Brothers!

1) I dont go out in service

2) I barely attend the meetings

3) I think that most elders are Pharisees

4) I think the WTBS is an unloving, uncaring authoritarian group

5) I have no desire to be run like a dog with endless parts, meetings, etc.

Sign me up!!!

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW
    Sign me up!!!

Oh great. Competition...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Oh great. Competition...

LOL!! Dont worry brother, there is room for both of us on the body!

Can I do the WT study?

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Can I do the WT study?

Certainly. As I have a tendency to ramble pointlessly for hours at a time just to hear myself speak, I think I would do well for the public talks.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Yes, this is a real problem for the WTS. Lots of JW men are simply not interested in "serving." In my last congregation, I counted up the number of former elders and MS. There were way more former elders/MS than currently-serving elders/MS. I get the impression that this is not unusual.

As far as I can tell, the vast majority of these JW men who aren't interested in serving are not "apostates" or doubters. They're just rank & file JWs who aren't interested in all the B.S. that comes along with "serving."

I would not be surprised if this is primarily a US/Western Europe phenomenon. It seems consistent with an apocalyptic religion that outlives its apocalyptic message. People get burned out and perhaps a bit cynical after a few generations (pun intended) of being on "high alert." Consciously or not, they realize that The End may not come in their lifetimes, so they divert more energy into family/career. Also, second and third generation JW men grew up watching their fathers put in thousands of thankless hours dealing with congregational nonsense and decide it's just not worth it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

WTS:

if I think that you and your "elder" arrangement are worse than the pharasees, why would I want to join again?

WTS: are you stupid? or just bullies?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Also, second and third generation JW men grew up watching their fathers put in thousands of thankless hours dealing with congregational nonsense and decide it's just not worth it.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I personally know of 4 brothers who have "stepped down" in the last year, 2 elders and 2 MS. That's just in one fairly rural geographic area (not all the same cong). Spread that out across the country (USA) and we're looking at hundreds or more likely thousands stepping down lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit