Oh Damn...I have been sprung!

by stuckinarut2 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hypothetical:

Elder: "Can I see your browser history?"

Me, light-hearted: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!"

Elder, nervously: "I'd love to, but you see, I have this very important thing that I have to do just now ...."

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Stuck, are you using the KH wifi? If so stop immediately. Get a mobile wifi account separate from the KH wifi for all sites other than jw.org. Like use your phone or get the account added for your tablet . Then make sure you have disabled the wifi on the tablet/phone

This is just good sense for anyone who wants to browse but not be spied on ( regardless of how unlikely you might think it is, it CAN and probably does sometimes happen) KH wifi router has the ability to track, even track "hidden browser" history. It can sometimes easily identify the user as well.

I will bet in the near future all KH with a router will add a list of sites not allowed to access. Or maybe even only allow a specified few. Anyone with me on this bet?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

njs: will bet in the near future all KH with a router will add a list of sites not allowed to access. Or maybe even only allow a specified few. Anyone with me on this bet?

More likely they'll write some code to flag "apostate" websites. The GB would rather catch "bad guys" than prevent "crimes."

njs: Stuck, are you using the KH wifi? If so stop immediately.

Better yet, STOP GOING TO MEETINGS!

• kairos
    kairos

Yep, I think it's time to quit the meetings...

You'll never feel better!

• Divergent
    Divergent
    I googled to get to our jw.org site

LOL seriously??? Googling to get to the site when all u need to do is to type j-w-.-o-r-g?

Pretty lame excuse... that brother would be an idiot to really believe that

But fortunately for you, there are many idiots in the KH who don't think much, so probably you would get away with it. Just be more careful in future! =)

• Splash
    Splash
    Consider yourself Under Suspicion!!!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Oubliette
    To answer your question to me...
    Apparently some have viewed apostate material
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We have a tech savvy brother in our Cong. Works in IT. I heard through the grapevine that he had discovered that someone had been looking at apostate sites via the KH server. So I guess everyone is under suspicion now. Could have been me. I don't go to meetings.

Doc

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

God forbid someone learns truth in a kingdumb hall...

am-I-right???

• Stealth
    Stealth

"Sitting at the sound cabinet, ...I am fading fast,...."

If your still managing the sound system, your NOT fading fast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit