Favorite catch phrases from movies, the ones you actually use.

by John Doe 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

"...you sure got a purdy mouth" Deliverance

"Aintree?...Aintree?...why hell, this river don't go to Aintree!" Deliverance

"Squeal!...Squeal!" Deliverance

I guess I use the last one most often

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Anytime I cause something to come to a quick end, I like to say "it's just been revoked!"

Inspired by FamilyGuy.... who was inspired by Lethal Weapon II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6nDfUwQW0

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

"He must have an enormous swanstuker! " and a million more from the brilliant Mel Brooks movies.

• Twitch
    Twitch

"Get out" - The Terminator (with heavy Austrian accent 'natch)

"First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman" - Scarface

"There is no spoon" - The Matrix

"Run Forrest, run" - Forrest Gump

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" - Starship Troopers

"It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car" - Fight Club

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want my two dollars!!!! from Better Off Dead

Just saying this last night at our little poker game!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIZ3FHpSF5E&feature=related

• leec
    leec

One I think of quite a bit lately, in relation to the economy, is from the the original release of "Auntie Mame" (the one with Roslyn Russell).

It's the stock market crash of 1929. The phone rings, the obscenely stereotypical Chinese butler answers the phone, and then announces to Auntie Mame: " Stock brokah wanna say herro, befoh he jump outta window!" I do in fact say that aloud to myself at least once a week on average.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

"yeah, but its a dry heat!" from aliens (i live in the humid south)

"what in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here", "my name is jim, but my friends call me........jim" (i use my real name, not jim) both from blazing saddles

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Everytime someone mentions a person named Jerry, I say the line from Slingblade "I don't reckon I know anyone named Jerry" in the Slingblade voice.

Also, about 400 other lines from that movie...and yes it does grate on people.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

My husband just used this one tonight- from 12 Monkeys, "Just because you got a library card, doesn't mean you're Yoda!"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Snap out of it!!" - Moonstruck

"Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.", "The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last." - Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit