How did you feel when they let a 10 year old boy stand up on the podium and a sister couldn't ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dissed
    dissed

Sweet and Whitedove - Check this out, this sadfully is very funny. But it shows how offbase Paul's view of women was 2,000 years ago and why it doesn't make any sense today to follow the old culture from that time (like customs, clothing, rituals, etc...) These were not God's commands but his opinions which is very obvious. The congregations today should simply be adapting not enforcing old customs. If they were trying to follow the old ways the men would be wearing beards, but those are outlowed and why? Because its not the custom today.

Click next and follow all the stories. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/epistles/on_women/01_1c11_04.html

• chickpea
    chickpea

tell the truth

there were grown men in the BoE
    who should not have been let near
    a microphone.... i swear to gods that
    my teeth were on edge so many times
    hearing the speakers at the frikkin
    DC/CAs scrwing up "you and I" and
    "you and me"

not that there are not women
    who totally hatch the mother tongue
    but i sure as heck could have covered
    the job with a skirt on...

all time favorite blunder?
    at a district convention the MALE
    speaker was reading joyce kilmer's
    "Trees" (the immortal line:
    "only god can make a tree)

and kept referring to HIM as a woman....

ALFRED Joyce Kilmer.... d'oh

yeah, i really struggled
    with that headship thing
    but i am so over it

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sweet,

The point is (haven't you gotten the point yet?) that qualified women were BANNED from doing things the UNQUALIFIED little pipsqueaks with dicks were permitted to do. No dick, no job.

Dissed,

Loved that!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"and yes have i actually gone to a church service??? yes i have to many of these and all i seen were females silent while listening to the male speaker, the only thing the females partook in were singing songs from the songbook. and the rest of the churchgoers both male and female just sat there listening to speaker, again not partaking in comments...some i been to the churchgoers didnt even sing from songbooks either they just listened to the "qualified" singers onstage."

And when did you last attend this church? Back in the seventies? At my church women fully participate, leading praise worship (singing), giving announcements, and *gasp* giving sermons. And at my church we didn't need no stinking songbook cuz most of us already knew that words and for those who don't there's a big screen in back of the church band broadcasting the words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit