How did you feel when they let a 10 year old boy stand up on the podium and a sister couldn't ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

One thing that really bothered me about the Ministry School was letting a little boy around 10 years old read an outline and scripture. He faced and addressed the audience. He was actually teaching. He had an opening and ending on what the paragraph meant and how to apply in our lives.

In the meantime,you had fully grown sisters who had to have another sister with her and face each other pretending that they were having a conversation with each other. They were either in field service or conducting a book study.

Did that ever bother you ? What does it say about what these old men of the WTS think of woman?

• metatron
    metatron

How inferior are women in that they can't be appointed to direct anyone to a parking space at an assembly?

metatron

• zarco
    zarco

Years ago we had a question come up, a 10 year old boy was baptized and went out in service with his pioneer mother. Often, no brothers would attend the meeting for field service so the little guy directed the group. The sisters complained that they were being lead by a 10 year old and the decision was to have a qualified sister - with a head covering of course - handle the group. The WTS are not very female friendly are they?

zarco

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

The words theological neanderthals come to mind. Its just as bad to assume that someone of those tender years is mature enough to make such a life altering commitment as baptism is.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was baptized at 14 and can say I've "been there, done that."

Not often, but a couple of times. Usually there was at least one Brother present who was older than I, so I let him run the "theatrical spectacle for angels."

One time, however, I was IT, and in the group was one very assertive pioneer sister who pretty much told us what to do and how to do it.

I figured that if her conduct wasn't appropriate, Jehovah knew it an would take action.

Soon after we arrived in the designated territory and split up to work our assigned blocks, a she-bear came out of the nearby woods and ate her up.

Jehovah jireh!

Soon I was running that group of newly "submissive" Sisters like a little Joe Rutherford! I even had a couple of gorgeous twins I appointed as my personal nutritionists who assisted me when the flesh grew weary. Anyone know of Bonny and Berta Phluffer?

• zarco
    zarco

Nice, Nathan, nice.

Maybe you were the kid .... ever live in the midwest?

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

This is the kind of stuff that makes me realize that normal people would never join this religion. There are so many things about the organization that makes me livid and this is one of them. Beyond that, the way women are demeaned also makes me embarrassed that I ever voluntarily joined this lunacy.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Actually, I felt sorry for the kid. it seemed like a lot to put on a little boy to get up in front of everyone and give a talk, especially the shy ones.

As far as women giving little skits, I always hated it. It was demeaning coming up with those stupid settings. I quit the theocratic misery school a long time before I left.

It was even more demeaning to have a lady put on a silly hat or a napkin to conduct the meeting for service. I absolutely refused to ever do that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think that, if a child is of normal health, if they are so short that they need the booster, they shouldn't even be on the platform at all. Exception would be made if someone was a dwarf, but a normal person should never need a booster. I hated it when children as young as 5 or 6 would go up on the platform and give a talk--while they might get away with it if they were fully integrated thinkers, the witlesses are not. And, I think it is wrong that a "sister", no matter how mature, cannot give a talk alone.

Ditto for field circus. I could understand a child, who is a fully integrated thinker, leading the group (such a child could probably run circles around even the hounder-hounders). Gender makes no difference--if they are fully integrated in their thinking, they are in a better position to lead the group than even the most experienced pio-sneers. Jesus was only 12 when he ran circles around his hounders, and he was a better leader even then than people that had been doing it all their lives. I will state that Jehovah's Witlesses are not fully integrated thinkers (if they are, they are probably going to become apostates). And I am against having children who are not fully integrated thinkers leading a group when you have "sisters" who are much better at it, just because they are boys.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I was that boy.

I always wished I had been a girl and avoided being part of the WT circus.

In many ways the sisters get off lightly. They don't have to reach out of be judged on whether they are servants or elders.

They can just sit in the audience and secretly read a novel hidden inside their bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit