JWs growing in numbers despite opposition and criticism from apostates and other religious commentators. Why?

by african GB Member 55 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I believe there are now over 7 million JWs worldwide(correct me if i am wrong)

What makes this growth possible despite all the exposure on the internet and other media?

not forgetting court cases and lawsuits.

Is this not a sign that perhaps this is the true religion?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Is this not a sign that perhaps this is the true religion?

It is. I think you should go back immediately before it's too late. I'm being completely serious.

• leec
    leec

By that logic it's still not as "true" as Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, etc.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm sorry I just threw up a bit.

Look when u have religions like the Branch Davidians, Children of God, and other fringe groups it's easy to see why a F'd up religion like JW's have some growth.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The fastest growing religion in the US is "No Religion". Maybe you should join that one.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2009/03/fastest-growing-religion-no-re.html

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ask PT Barnum why there are more JW's today than this time last year.

But also keep in mind that they are manipulating the numbers the best they can to show some growth.
    They either will not be able to do that for much longer, or it will become obvious even to a JW that they are manipulating the numbers.

They have the elderly 15-minutes publishers. All they count is how many turn in a "field service report." They also average out the publisher numbers because many turn in several slips for missing months in the last months of the service year. This causes some room for play.

I can imagine them starting to count inactives ones some way- perhaps switching to Memorial attendance numbers.

• shamus100
    shamus100

AFricanGBMember,

The problem here is you haven't made the truth your own. Pray more, do more in FS, more more more. Only then will Jehovah bless your efforts.

Do you pray to him every day? Before every meal? Do you pray to him when you need help? Do you pray for others? Do you hold hands with your lover at the meetings?

If you have any faults in the above areas, Jehovah will not bless you. Now you MUST do a better job before you can go back to the fold truly cleansed. Also, tell them that you have posted here so your conscience is clear. They will not DF you, maybe just make you stay silent for six months or maybe only a month.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I think this explains the reason for the JW's growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVy-_8Sdoks

Think About It

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Are those rabbits married? lol

Think about it

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If you need statistics as opposed to facts to determine your version of a true religion, then honestly, you only need to answer to yourself.

I wouldn't overrate the amount of criticism from apostates. I wouldn't underrate the amount of apathy most people have about JW's. We apostates were the last ones to figure out that this group is a crazy fringe group cult. If the rest of the world at large doesn't really care what we apostates have to say, its only because they are saying in essence, "Yeah, duh! What took you all so long."

Why start with a false premise anyway? Who says the "true religion™" must be persecuted and spoken against? Doesn't make any sense, esp since all religions can claim that they are spoken against.

Their growth doesn't mean much either. Annually, between 2-300,000 are baptized, but they only grow by a million every 10 years? You do the math.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit