JWs growing in numbers despite opposition and criticism from apostates and other religious commentators. Why?

by african GB Member 55 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I believe there is still numerical growth, they seem to baptise around 8000 a week, whereas 1200 to 1400 a week leave. You have to remember that even in lands with no % increase ,they have new members, as at least 1% of their membership will have died during the year.

However, I also believe they are facing a crisis point, as the generation that grew up with the internet become parents themselves things will change very suddenly.

When you become a parent you start to ask questions about how to make decisions, not rely on others to make decisions, so these new parents will form a class for whom suddenly a light goes on.

Love

Wobble

p.s of course as Nathan N pointed out above, there will always be those who like to be told what to do,how to act and what to think, so the WT will be left with sheep, what we call mutton-heads around here. The thinking ones with at least two sparking brain cells will leave.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Guys, I took African GB Member's question on this thread to be totally ironical. I wonder how come you didn't as well. Because it was ironical, wasn't it, AGBM?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Mary mentioned reproduction (and of course, we saw those Internet rabbits) - that's the ticket. JWs are simply having kids (despite the fact that back in 1985 they were discouraged from doing so). At Assemblies, check out the baptism - almost everyone getting dunked is a jw by birth.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If large percentages of growth = the "true" religion, then rabbits and queen bees are the true religion.

Farkel

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/153517/1/New-study-shows-JWs-have-the-lowest-retention-rate-of-US-religions

Here's the study I referred to earlier. The correct figure is 37%, meaning that 2 out of every 3 raised as JW won't stay.

You do the math where Two JWs produce, say, three kids, and only one stays 'in the truth'.

There's no need to explain the growth, because there is no growth.

• Gregor
    Gregor

No reproduction without copulation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit