The Clear Biblical Case Against "The Memorial".

by Chalam 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

1 Corinthians 11:25-26 (Young's Literal Translation)

25 In like manner also the cup after the supping, saying, `This cup is the new covenant in my blood; this do ye, as often as ye may drink [it] -- to the remembrance of me;'

26 for as often as ye may eat this bread, and this cup may drink, the death of the Lord ye do shew forth -- till he may come;

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks Stephen,

Good thread, and I agree the Lords supper does not have to be only once a year. Some churches do it weekly and some monthly. The WT terms it "the memorial" to back up their annual observance ritual.

Psac,

Great comments!

I wold like to add, not only do they have the "how often" you can do this part wrong, the more serious issue is not allowing all the body of christ to partake at their memorial. They scare the congregation into rejecting Christ's blood. This is the main point of my flyer I am distributing in the South of Boston area. All Christians professing faith in the blood of Christ SHOULD partake. Notice Jesus' words;

John 6:

53 Jesus said to them, β€œVery truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59

Peace Everyone, Lilly

• designs
    designs

I liked the Welch's Grape Juice and Saltine Soda Crackers the Church Of Christ served....

• Chalam
    Chalam

Wow, has a year passed by already?!

Another timely bump :)

Follow the Spirit! Romans 8

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hi Stephen! It's been a while to see your posts! Love your scriptures still! <3 Hope all is well... you should quote your favorite scriptures on FB and so I can see them daily on my phone! (It was a suggestion no worry or pressure... I just know I would enjoy it.)

maninthemiddle

I also want to point out that Jesus said "keep doing this", where did he say that it must be done that same DAY yearly, and that it must be after sundown wherever you live? I got such a laugh out out watching someone run out side to make sure the sun had actually set. If they took it as seriously as they make it out to seem, then it would be after sundown in Jeresualm, no?

haha good one!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I'm so glad you posted this thread, Stephen.

Of course the WT's whole idea and teaching on the Memorial is totally wrong. I "knew" it and of course knew the texts you cite.But you pulled it all togetheer.

Brilliant, and thanks again!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Stephen!

Our hearts have taken us this way - nice to have it confirmed in scripture too. Thank you for posting and bumping.

In the New Covenant scriptures every believer is to "eat Jesus' flesh" and "drink his blood" in a spiritual sense, probably as frequently as possible, and symbolise and remember this physically, probably at every meal possible, with the food and drink of the day and as at hand.

Our family "eats" and "drinks" spiritually (often daily) by contemplating and discussing the Β±30 markers on the map (to God) known as the "unabridged gospel".

The physical reminders of how vital it is to feed spiritually to avoid spiritual death:

• Die in 3 minutes without air.
    • Die in 3 days without water.
    • Die in 3 months without food.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

QLD, Australia

• Chalam
  • LV101
    LV101

Hi Stephen --- sure miss you and your scriptures. Hope you visit soon.

LV101

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hope you are all doing well! 😍

To quote myself πŸ˜‚ "Just dropping in to give this thread a timely bounce"

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit