The Clear Biblical Case Against "The Memorial".

by Chalam 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Lord's supper should be for all who beleive and have faith in Jesus as our lord and saviour and believe in his sacrifice and ressurection.

The HOW's are very irrelevant, the relevant point is that NO PERSON of faith shoudl be excluded from it.

Whether a group chooses to do it once a year, once a month, once a week or even every time they sit to eat, is irrelevant, what is relevant is that all with faith and belief should partake.

• snowbird
    snowbird

PSac!

Amen!

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen!

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

The varying forms of the Ritual shows that people have been making it up as it made sense to them over the centuries.

Like most customs and rituals throughout the world social and cultural evolution take place. Missionaries took a particular brand of christianity into some far corner of the world and the locals put Boa-feathers on it! Thaipusam became Lent.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

designs,

I agree, rituals and traditions take on a life of their own and we get Easter bunnies and egg hunts on the day we celebrate the ressurection of Christ, LOL !

The issue with the memorial supper and even the eucharist is when one group points the " We are right you are wrong" finger and another.

So much easier to say, "this is how we choose to do it".

The meaning of something should never be over written or have less significance than the rituals that it has brougth forth.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi JWNers!

Just dropping in to give this thread a timely bounce

Hope you are all well :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen xx

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks, Stephen. This thread is a nice trip down memory lane for me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Stephen!!!!!!!

Blessings to you, also.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Thanks for this thread. I miss your presence, Stephen. Hope everything is well with you and your family.

Blessings and love in Christ to you, as well,

Tammy

• garyneal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit