To All Our Canadian Friends

by AllTimeJeff 92 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Ok, you are back in my good graces Shamus...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey! That ten-year old is giving me another bannana! Oh wait, that's a plaintain.

So word on the street was Leonard Cohen was supposed to sing the song but was out with a back injury.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey, thats a 10 year old Gilead grad elder to you. (doesn't sound too hot does it?)

Have a plantain, its the best I can do. I don't photograph well with regular bananas.

• Simon
    Simon

I thought the opening ceremony was pretty good.

The death of the luge competitor was very tragic. I hope the rest of the games go well.

It's very strange - I'm definitely rooting for the Canadian team now instead of team GB !

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well I bet on Gretzky, so my hunch was right.

I liked the opening ceremonies, seemed to be done quite well.

No it wasn't the big spectacular of the past summer Olympics, but for an indoor event with

just a 60,000 seating capacity, it was pretty good.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Simon, you can always wear two hats, esp when curling comes on...

Btw, I love watching curling... I have no idea why....

I just want Canada to win hockey. The whole damn place might implode if they don't.....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I told you Simon would be proud to be a Canadian today.

Lets hope Canada and the US make to the hockey final.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey,

Did they light the old flame in Calgary tonight?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

They had the flame lit earlier for about 20 minutes but it's off again now....not sure what they'll do over the course of the games. They had it lit during the torch relay through town last month - that was fun, I actually went out into the fray to enjoy some olympic spirit.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

By old flame, do you mean a refinery? (seriously, I don't know... oh! duh, the old Calgary Olympic flames... double duh! I think I am getting tired, because I am introducing too many parenthetical thoughts in my post. Next I will start "quoting" again...)

("!")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit