New BOE letter Jan 2010

by JWFreak 36 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Why does an Elder need to use the Branch or CO to facilitate a conversation with another local congregation regarding assistance of additional Elders?

If I micro managed on that level I would be called nag......

VM44

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much complication for such a simple task. Perhaps if they didn't use them up and throw them away, they wouldn't have such a problem with having enough hounders. And I hope this becomes a more common problem--nothing like seeing all the hounders stepping down, and most of the publishers as well (sending attendance down from triple digits into the teens on a Sunday).

• Gayle
    Gayle

My mom was the "account servant" back in early '60s, in a very small congregation then (we moved there where "the need was greater"), in South Dakota.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz is right. They use them and throw them away. Who needs that?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "They use them and throw them away."

May you all have peace! I do feel pity for them, in light of:

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 10:11-15

But the TRUTH is that they really put themselves in position for it, because they do not/have not heeded the caution of my Lord's words (quoted above):

"'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?'"

which they don't "see"... because they are JUST as BLIND... if not more so... as the "hired" man THEY work for. And so, it becomes true respecting them... now:

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:1-5

Yet, they sit on JUDICIAL committees... indeed, they "hurry" themselves to be appointed to such. And for those who say, "Oh, no, some just want to 'serve'... you are lying to yourselves. For the most solemn and important task of the JW "elder"... is to sit on a judicial committee. "Well, no," you might say, "Some are just good speakers and really only want to give talks"... or "Some are very loving and just want to help the sheep." Uh-uh. You don't have to be an elder to help the sheep... or "give talks." ANYONE can give talks. True, one may be limited to doing small talks... in the Ministry School... but giving the "big" ones... at the Public Meeting or Conventions... what is that? What holy spirit appointed such ones to "dispense food" to "God's sheep"? None. And how can one do so IN TRUTH... unless one has been CHOSEN (i.e., anointed) to do so... BY holy spirit?" Yes, yes... THEY say that the elders are appointed by holy spirit. C'mon, now: would the God appoint someone... WITHOUT giving them His holy spirit... without CHOOSING them? Isn't that what APPOINTMENT is???? If you believe different... then you are fooling yourself. But you aren't fooling yourself: you know the truth. That not one of them has... or is appointed by... holy spirit. Not one:

"I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false." Revelation 2:2

There is NO excuse for misleading God's sheep. None. And so, it will also be true in the future. Indeed, if they don't get their hineys OUT of "Moses' seat'... get out of HER... and QUIT touching the UNCLEAN thing)... they WILL share in her plagues. They will.

May those with ears to hear... especially those who are still within her... and particularly those who are seating themselves in the seat of Moses... and those who work for such ones... HEAR... and get the SENSE of it when the Spirit and the Bride say:

"COME! ALL you who are toiling and loaded down... ALL you who are thirsting... COME... and take LIFE'S 'water'... the LIVING water of Christ... who IS the Life (John 14:6)... which 'water' IS holy spirit from God... which imparts LIFE to all who drink of it... and is the means by which ALL those who are led by God's spirit... are led into ALL truth... which 'water' is poured out from the innermost parts of that One... and FROM NO OTHER PERSON, PLACE, OR SOURCE... and so becomes a fountain bubbling up in ANYONE who receives it... come take THAT 'water'... FREE!"

I bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

wow, shows that there is a grey matter shortage of elders.

• wobble
    wobble

I am sure they are paranoid enough to MEAN destroy the old letter, they are afraid something will come back to bite them in the bum from old procedure, and want no record of it.

For instance, early B.O.E letters about how to handle child abuse cases seem to be very thin (virtually non-existent) on the ground.

Love

Wobble

p,s I love VR44's summation "The Bureaucracy of a Fantasy World" great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit